I've found it. A decent Porsche website in the UK

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

for more infor and a link look at the thread in the 914 section of ddk forum here http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11065
hope that helps
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
rafiki
DDK addict

Post by rafiki »

amallagh wrote:Thanks for all the welcomes.

Nobody should take any offfence at my surprise to not having come across the Site over the last few years. Its my loss after all.

Just in case I had my head completely in the sand for the last few years I thought I would ask another active Porsche Club enthusiast if they had heard of it either. They hadn't. So at least its me and one other. But looks like I am spreading the good word already !

'Helen' mentions a yahoo email based site for 914 owners. Anyone know the address ? Just curious.

Don't know anything about 914 International being a virgin 914 owner but looking forward to finding out. Hopefully my car might be ready by then !!!?? Planning a couple of Classic car trips to the Continent next year on Regularity Rallies or track events so may be able to link it in.

Thanks again
Andrew
Simon Rossiter's events with HRCR are well worth considering if you are a newcomer to rallying.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

rafiki wrote:

Nobody should take any offence at my surprise to not having come across the Site over the last few years. Its my loss after all.

Just in case I had my head completely in the sand for the last few years I thought I would ask another active Porsche Club enthusiast if they had heard of it either. They hadn't. So at least its me and one other. But looks like I am spreading the good word already !

'Helen' mentions a yahoo email based site for 914 owners. Anyone know the address ? Just curious.

Don't know anything about 914 International being a virgin 914 owner but looking forward to finding out. Hopefully my car might be ready by then !!!?? Planning a couple of Classic car trips to the Continent next year on Regularity Rallies or track events so may be able to link it in.

Thanks again
Andrew
Simon Rossiter's events with HRCR are well worth considering if you are a newcomer to rallying.
Thanks for this.
I've been a member of the HRCR for several years but not in the past 4 years when I have been focusing more on track events. Not aware the HRCR do any events on the Continent ? apart from their affiliation with Rallye Des Alpes which does not accept cars past 1968.
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

Helen wrote:for more infor and a link look at the thread in the 914 section of ddk forum here http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11065
hope that helps
Thanks, got the link to the yahoo site.
Have you found a website relating to the 914 International ?
Fancy the idea of squeesing it into a longer Euro trip if the timings can match up.
amallagh
I need to get out more!

posting a personal picture ?

Post by amallagh »

Excuse my ignorance but how do you automatically add a personal picture below your user name on all posts on the Site ?
Helen
Events Organiser

Post by Helen »

amallagh wrote:
Helen wrote:for more infor and a link look at the thread in the 914 section of ddk forum here http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11065
hope that helps
Thanks, got the link to the yahoo site.
Have you found a website relating to the 914 International ?
Fancy the idea of squeesing it into a longer Euro trip if the timings can match up.
all info is on the yahoo site. or theres a link to the dutch website on the ddk 2007 calander in the events section of the forum
member#1182
Currently Porscheless but on the look out for my 30th
rafiki
DDK addict

Post by rafiki »

amallagh wrote:
rafiki wrote:

Nobody should take any offence at my surprise to not having come across the Site over the last few years. Its my loss after all.

Thanks again
Andrew
Thanks for this.
I've been a member of the HRCR for several years but not in the past 4 years when I have been focusing more on track events. Not aware the HRCR do any events on the Continent ? apart from their affiliation with Rallye Des Alpes which does not accept cars past 1968.
Try www.classicrallytours.com and all will be explained.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Classic car competitive (non race) rallies

Post by amallagh »

rafiki wrote:
amallagh wrote:
rafiki wrote: Simon Rossiter's events with HRCR are well worth considering if you are a newcomer to rallying.
Thanks for this.
I've been a member of the HRCR for several years but not in the past 4 years when I have been focusing more on track events. Used to campaign a CooperS and a couple of TRs. Not aware the HRCR do any events on the Continent ? apart from their affiliation with Rallye Des Alpes which does not accept cars past 1968.
These are non competitive events and I'm looking for something competitive or track time orientated. Particularly interested if there is some event that Porsches from the UK often go to as a larger group ?
Something like -
Trieste-Vienna, Suisse-Paris(RAID), Tour Auto Lissac, London Lisboa(HERO), Classic Marathon (CRA), MSA Euroclassic, French Revolution, Emerald Isle Classic(CRA).
Viv_Surby
DDK rules my life!

Re: posting a personal picture ?

Post by Viv_Surby »

amallagh wrote:Excuse my ignorance but how do you automatically add a personal picture below your user name on all posts on the Site ?
Go into your profile and you can attach an avatar to your profile which pops up every post :)
.....AKA the Welsh driving ace - Carlos Monteverdi!

1967 VW Type 2 Camper - 'Betsy'
1969 Porsche 911R Homage hot rod - 'Prescilla'
1972 Karmann Cabriolet - 'Celine'
Ian Donkin
DDK rules my life!

Post by Ian Donkin »

bjmullan wrote:Welcome amallagh, and yes we were (or should I say there were) looking to keep the rif-raf but I also found the site as well 8)

As did a few other undesirable people...but we really should say much about Ian on here :lol:

p.s. What about some pics of your 914/6?
Oi :(
2006 RHD 997 Carrera (but DDK remains in my heart - also now no longer)
1972 LHD 2.4T with '73 2.4T CIS motor - gone to a new DDK home
1994 RHD 993 Carrera - gone!
1968 LHD 911L - was the Wife's but now in new hands :-(

Bewildebeest
DDK slapper chatter

Re: posting a personal picture ?

Post by Bewildebeest »

amallagh wrote:Excuse my ignorance but how do you automatically add a personal picture below your user name on all posts on the Site ?
Painfully !! It took me a while to sort it out (there's still a thread with
some of the evidence) but first you have to use a picture editing package
to reduce the picture size (80x80 is supposed to be the maximum)
and the file size, then go to www.tinypic.com and follow the instructions
for hosting it. Then control and C the middle (forum) address and finally
insert that (control and V) into the box in the Avatar bit of your profile.
What took me ages was finding the picture editing package that re-sized
the original picture in a simple and logical way - and now I've forgotten it.
Bugger. Trying to find it again now 'cos I want to change mine.
rafiki
DDK addict

Re: Classic car competitive (non race) rallies

Post by rafiki »

amallagh wrote:
rafiki wrote:
amallagh wrote: Thanks for this.
I've been a member of the HRCR for several years but not in the past 4 years when I have been focusing more on track events. Used to campaign a CooperS and a couple of TRs. Not aware the HRCR do any events on the Continent ? apart from their affiliation with Rallye Des Alpes which does not accept cars past 1968.
These are non competitive events and I'm looking for something competitive or track time orientated. Particularly interested if there is some event that Porsches from the UK often go to as a larger group ?
Something like -
Trieste-Vienna, Suisse-Paris(RAID), Tour Auto Lissac, London Lisboa(HERO), Classic Marathon (CRA), MSA Euroclassic, French Revolution, Emerald Isle Classic(CRA).
I do not think that entrants on the Classic Rally Touirs events would consider them to be 'non-competitive'. Just the reverse. Some events go down to the wire with overall winners winning by seconds over a weekend's rallying. Pop over to www.classicrallychat.co.uk and read what is being said over there.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd