Antenna replacement

For you flat four Porsche 912 fanatics

Moderators: Miggs, KS

NSK
DDK Newbie

Antenna replacement

Post by NSK »

Hello all, I wonder if anyone has any advice on fitting a replacement antenna on a '66 912.

My current antenna was snapped of by some obliging drunk recently so i need to completly remove the old one and fit a new.

When attempting to do so over the weekend I didn't really get very far as I'm pretty unsure of the best way to this. The gap between the door and front wing seems far too narrow to be-able to get the bits and pieces in and out. Do i need to actually remove the door to do this or is there a simpler solution anyone knows of?

Any tips gratefully accepted.

Neil
rafiki
DDK addict

Aerial removal

Post by rafiki »

I have the same problem with my '66 912. I do not have a radio in my 912 (I removed it as I do not like radios in cars) so the aerial is surplus to requirement. (Insects have antennae, radios have aerials.)

Advice would be very useful.
1966 912 SWB Coupe
2007 KIA Cee'd

Macmillan Supporter? Look at www.maccapers.co.uk for our way of supporting Macmillan Cancer Support.
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

I think from Memory I took off the door. I had the door off anyway for the respray and I fitted the arial and then I forgot the braket and there was not enough room so I made something up and then it worked but yes I think it's a door off job.. not to difficult to do just undo the bolts and not the pins..mark where it was and your still do it in a morning..
NSK
DDK Newbie

Post by NSK »

Good stuff - thanks Mark - I'll give it a shot with the door off then