items for sale ..prices

Got an idea for the club or website then please post here

Moderator: Miggs

Quick912
DDK Fanatic

items for sale ..prices

Post by Quick912 »

wouldnt it be more useable if the for sale section actually required prices for the items for sale ?
RHD 912 (AKA the Rusty Dog)
Its not Rust its Character
'63 lambretta li 150
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Posters choice - no way of policing it and no need to. :wink:
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Viv_Surby
DDK rules my life!

Post by Viv_Surby »

I concur - you have to remember I think that a lot of older Porsche stuff is very rare and as such, with the event of more 'global marketplaces' can command very high prices. I think it would be a shame if items were offered here which led to debates about prices and values - ulitmately putting off sellers from listing here. I tend to have the view if you want /need something you have a pretty good idea of the probable price and PM to the seller confirms.
.....AKA the Welsh driving ace - Carlos Monteverdi!

1967 VW Type 2 Camper - 'Betsy'
1969 Porsche 911R Homage hot rod - 'Prescilla'
1972 Karmann Cabriolet - 'Celine'
Derek
DDK rules my life!

Post by Derek »

Viv_Surby wrote:I concur - you have to remember I think that a lot of older Porsche stuff is very rare and as such, with the event of more 'global marketplaces' can command very high prices. I think it would be a shame if items were offered here which led to debates about prices and values - ulitmately putting off sellers from listing here. I tend to have the view if you want /need something you have a pretty good idea of the probable price and PM to the seller confirms.
Couldn't agree more.
1970 911 3.6T
dannyboy
DDK addict

Post by dannyboy »

Have to say this is the only forum i use that doesn't include prices to be honest. Most use the same format. Describtion of article , condition , price and where you are. Folk have everything they need to know this way , effective communication i would have thought. It also gives you a better idea on going prices for things and not what some says it is , i.e getting ripped off on the quiet. Been there , done that.
I have very rarely seen folk slagging off others on prices ( exception being a certain vw site) , if anything giving them a closer idea on selling them. Usually directed at folk from overseas selling stuff or newbies like me. Example of what i nice bunch of DDK'ers we are in that respect http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10888 At the moment i'm having to pm others i don't even know to get an idea on ££'s for parts which i've never had to do. Even more pm's bouncing around . Not everyone on this forum knows the going prices for individual things and a guide would help.
This is DDK so i wouldn't for one minute see bad mouthing going on by bored timewasters or trouble makers. Others (and the yellow boss) simply wouldn't let it happen. All i've found is people that look after eachother as much as they can. Definatly one of the best and friendly sites ive ever used The folk that shouldn't be selling here are traders and others that join purely to sell and make money. That includes F***wits that link things to ebay. How does that help members and regular users of the site :shock: The norm would be to offer it to members first then on to ebay or a date it's going on ebay.They should contribute to the forum before being allowed to sell , chat , post etc. otherwise this site is just another place to look for sales and make money. What involvement in DDK is that?
As said sellers choice at the end of the day but just seems a weird way to adverise and sell things without a price or picture to me , porsche parts or not.

Any hoo , my 2 cents so i'll shut TFU before the boss shouts at me. You take care and keep in touch with yourself :thumbleft:
75 2.1 914 owner
Quick912
DDK Fanatic

Post by Quick912 »

good comments thanks guys.
maybe someone who is in the know could share some of there knowlage-
and post "guide prices". ( may be a little difficult)

I appreciate prices can vary a lot - depends on the day i suppose..

some items ive got an idea of but others i havent a clue.

any help with regards to aiding us virgin porsche part buyers would be appreciated.
i personally only ever had 1 porsche so should only be buying 1 of any said part ( altho a lot of parts are needed).

oh - and the linking to ebay thing - ive pointed out items for sale myself - but they are never mine, thought i was doing people a favour in finding some items that were NLA. - (im to busy buying parts - the day i get to having to many porshe parts will be............a long time ).

cheers

Tony
RHD 912 (AKA the Rusty Dog)
Its not Rust its Character
'63 lambretta li 150
912uk
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 912uk »

The folk that shouldn't be selling here are traders and others that join purely to sell and make money. That includes F***wits that link things to ebay. How does that help members and regular users of the site The norm would be to offer it to members first then on to ebay or a date it's going on ebay.They should contribute to the forum before being allowed to sell , chat , post etc. otherwise this site is just another place to look for sales and make money. What involvement in DDK is that?
this one gets me the ebay thing... just letting you know and how much value you as a DDKer go chase these bits of junk I found in my garage you puppets..

:? not good..

I do list all my items on DDK first as I know there are many people who could use them first and if not then they go on evil bay.. I have ad few people then bid who could have bought off me.

never mind but i agree with the comments
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

As a firstclass, grade A 'fuchwit' i'm very happy to be able to sell my few items via both DDK and ebay. I get to peddle my tat to the few thousand like-minded DDK fuchwits who may need the gear and also to those out in the greater 356 tat buying community. When i cross-polinate my ads to VZi, thesamba, retrowagen and others in the Nordics and around the globe i estimate i'm reaching some 4.15million other fuchwits who might need my used and dirty adjustable S90 pushrods, or that box of NOS Gmund scripts from my Gran's attic... ooh the power of targetted advertising :wink:
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked