A 912 at last

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

Nigel
DDK Fanatic

A 912 at last

Post by Nigel »

Hi All.

I am finally, at long last after much searching and travelling, the proud owner of a beautiful 912.

Had a spot of bad luck driving it back after the purchase on Sunday afternoon as the rear section of the alternator pulley sheered away. I was still able to drive it for about 20 miles until the belt finally snapped.

We later discoverd the pulley assembly had been cracked and split for some time as there was evidence of rust on the crack lines. Pulley replaced, just need the belt and We're ready to roll.

I am hoping somebody in the club has a couple of rear seatbelts that I can buy as I would like to take my daughter out for drives with us but can't as there are no belts fitted.

Can anybody supply or suggest a place for me to get hold of them?

Thanks

Nigel
hot66

Post by hot66 »

what year of 912 is it?

Ref rear belts, 1st you need to establish wether you have the threaded mounts located either side of the rear seat wells. I *think* these were fitted from 1968 onwards in the 911 shells.

To find out without removing your carpets, go to your kitchen & get one of those long kebab spikes. Then prod away through the the carpet on teh central tunnel where the mounts are usually located. You will be able to find any mounting holes this way.
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)