Burnt Pig - 356 Pre a Build Thread

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Vw51rag
DDK Newbie

Re: Burnt Pig - 356 Pre a Build Thread

Post by Vw51rag »

Hi,
What a great car hope to start my project soon been collecting parts for a while, I was wondering if you could help I’m having a hard time locating suppliers for e marked glass especially windscreen do you have links to were you got the glass used in your car, as I would like to start with what I consider the hard to find parts sorted.
Robneal
Married to the DDK

Post by Robneal »

I got my screen through MDMAX on DDK who I believe got it from Pilkington classic glass. The Pre A screen is more difficult to find than the regular 356 A screen. You are right to search out all the difficult-to-find bits first as they can take a while to find. The side windows were made by SGI glass to templates and the rear screen came from Partswise in the Netherlands. Both front and rear screens are heated as well to help with the IVA demist compliance at the front, and I just don't want my back window steaming up. Good luck with your build and let me know if you need any other info as I have a list of where I sourced all of the parts on my car from....
Vw51rag
DDK Newbie

Post by Vw51rag »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I’ve just looked up that place in Netherlands looks interesting, quick query does all glass have to be e marked or just front screen?
Also can speedster clinic sort the glass or is it something I need to source?
Thanks in advance! James
Robneal
Married to the DDK

Post by Robneal »

Hi James,
The front door windows and the screen need to be E marked, it is debatable if the rear quarter windows need to be marked or not (one of the many vagaries of the IVA documentation), but for the few quid extra I would get them done anyway as it is easy to do on the flat glass; the rear screen does not need to be, but think mine is E marked anyway.
CHeers Rob
Vw51rag
DDK Newbie

Post by Vw51rag »

Hi Rob
One last thing until I think of something else! In your point of view what is the minimum work I can get any with for Iva?
I’m starting with swing axle chassis, stock 1600, stock brakes all ready to go and have body fitted at speedster clinic.
From then on I would need gauges, all electrical work done loom etc, what’s the minimum interior you can get away with front seats maybe rubber mats?
No paint just gel coat.
Have I missed anything?
Then Iva, then slowly put the rest together as finances allow?
James
Robneal
Married to the DDK

Post by Robneal »

Hi James,
If you are on WhattsApp drop me a message on 07885 492751 as don't seem to be able to private message you on DDK for some reason... can chat on WhattsApp as easier to do rather than chat in the thread.
Cheers
Rob
Vw51rag
DDK Newbie

Post by Vw51rag »

Ok no problem

James