Hi, from new member near Leeds

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

LeightonMan
DDK Newbie

Post by LeightonMan »

Hi, I was researching the car I have when I came across this forum. So I signed up.
The car is a '73 model 911S RHD Coupe, Chassis No. 9113300192. It was first sold on 6/10/72 by JCT600. I bought the remains of it in January 1990 and spent my time happily welding until life got in the way! It's had a lot of knocks over the years but the running gear is still original even down to the alloy brake calipers. The engine is the original 2.4 litre with Bosch mechanical fuel injection and it has the original 5 speed gearbox and sunroof options together with sports seats though the headrests were lost before I bought it. I'm the second registered keeper I've been trying to find out how many RHD 911S built in 1972 still exist but haven't been able to get a clear figure yet. Can anyone help?
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Hi, from new member near Leeds

Post by sladey »

Welcome to the forum - the car sounds interesting - lets have some pics
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Welcome … good to see another early car up here 8) ( I’m further up the A1 )

Think we’ve got few 2.4s knocking about nearby. Any photos of the car ?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
LeightonMan
DDK Newbie

Post by LeightonMan »

Sorry, I'm not a great one for photos but, with a bit of luck, here's the car when I bought it:
porsche_as_bought.jpg
. The OSF Wing was inside but had a huge rust hole! I had some digital photos taken for the insurers when it was back on the road but a computer failure meant that they were lost. I'll take some more when I get it out of storage but that will probably be a long time from now unless summer weather provides some inspiration :) I have a few photos of the rust and repair work but I'm not sure if they belong here or on another bit of the forum: I'm still learning and finding my way around.
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Always good to start a thread up in restorations forum or member's car gallery as we all love pictures!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk