Porsche 914/6 Conversion

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

TheMonkey
DDK Seasoned Poster

Porsche 914/6 Conversion

Post by TheMonkey »

Hello all, the time has come to sell the beast.

As a few of you will know, I have been doing this car on and off, for a few years now. It is still not finished, but does not really have that much left to do. The paint is far from perfect but looks presentable from 15 yards away! I have listed below most of the details but please do let me know if you need anymore info. Thanks!

· 1973 914 1.7 imported from San Francisco (Still have original engine – also for sale)
· Now fitted with 2.2T engine with Webers and Lumenition Optronic ignition. Engine supplied by Alan.uk. Recent top end rebuild by MB Engineering, engine installation by BS Motorsport.
· Recon gearbox fitted. (Still have original – also for sale) Supplied by davidppp.
· 3.2 struts, vented disks and ‘S’ aluminium calipers up front.
· Rear hubs drilled by Barrie at Martin and Walker.
· Patrick Motorsport headers. OEM silencer.
· Patrick Motorsport Oil tank – brand new.
· Aeroquip oil lines.
· Currently running on Yokohama A032 race tyres. (Road legal)
· Momo steering wheel.
· PLEASE NOTE: Fuchs wheels are not included in sale. Dad wants them for race car. Cookies currently being sourced as replacement.

Bodywork is in fairly good shape, though battery tray area was corroded – subsequently removed. Battery now resides in rear compartment. Slight scabbiness on front scuttle. Small blisters elsewhere on car.
Paint has micro blistered and will need doing, though it has been like that for a while now. Stickers are easily removed if you decide they’re not to your taste! I won’t be offended!

To be honest, I’m not really into the show and shine side of Porsche ownership, I prefer to drive the car! It has taken me to Le Mans and back three times without so much as a hiccup, followed my Dad to the various circuits of Britain to help with his racing and even served as my daily driver for a while in London! It goes like stink, sounds awesome and gets admiring/confused looks wherever it goes. (I can never tell!)

This car has cost me more than £12k, though I realise that I am not going to get anywhere near that! I should like somewhere in the region of £8k, but I’m open to sensible offers. The car will be going on Ebay in the next day or two, so if you’re interested, please do give me a shout.

Thanks

MarkImage
Image[/img]
soporsche
DDK Newbie

Post by soporsche »

Hi Mark, have PM'd.
TheMonkey
DDK Seasoned Poster

Le Beast!

Post by TheMonkey »

Hi Stephen,

Have replied!

Just to let you all know, i just went for a drive in the car today and it still puts a big fat smile on my face!

Also, car is expected to be on ebay tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a car with all the hard (and grossly expensive bits) done, then look no further!

Thanks!

Mark
Roddavies
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Roddavies »

Did this sell on ebay?? Or is it still available?

Rod
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Post by 23e Heure »

I've just got back from a great weekend with Paul and Mark, preparing for our trip to the
Spa 6 Hours next week.

Mark's 914/6 is in rude health, and when it's providing as much fun as it did this morning
(check here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZ-h81hlPQ), there's a risk Mark may change
his mind about selling it, so register your interest quick!
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)
TheMonkey
DDK Seasoned Poster

914/6 conversion for sale.

Post by TheMonkey »

Afternoon all!

Well i can confirm that the car is still for sale.

Thanks to James for that clip!!!! Fame at last!!!!

The car didn't sell on ebay first time round as to be honest, i had no idea where to begin the bidding or indeed what kind of 'buy it now' price to post. As a few of you will attest, putting together one of these cars is not the cheapest way of getting flat six power and that buy it now price was very, very far off what i have spent on it.

I had posted a few months back about the values of these conversions, but unfortunately, only had one response!

So the car is back up, but with a 'make me an offer' choice this time. It is up for nine days (ending Tues 9th) so we'll see what happens!

Thanks all!

Mark.
Roddavies
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Roddavies »

I am very interested, but am off to Australia this week and back in a month. If you don't get a good offer I'll speak to you on my return.

I just can't say yes to buying a car without seeing it......
rookie
DDK Fanatic

Post by rookie »

Roddavies wrote:I am very interested, but am off to Australia this week .....
can you bring my car over with you please? :roll:
Luke.

1975 914. Currently in Kenilworth, being wooed by Melbourne.

http://www.fuel-press.com
Mike Smith
DDK rules my life!

Re: Porsche 914/6 Conversion

Post by Mike Smith »

Having another clear out and stumbled across some Paperwork for DGU 914M
More interestingly a CD with MANY Photos of the car during restoration when Dave Fagan owned it

If the new Owner cares to contact me - I shall be happy to pass on what I have - FOC (of course)
Mike at P.R.S.
www.prs356.com
23e Heure
I used to have a life, then came DDK

Porsche 914/6 Conversion

Post by 23e Heure »

Wow. Talk about a thread resurrection!

I recall that Mark sold it to a guy in Spain… or was it Portugal!?.
The buyer imported it and built it into an orange race car.

No idea if it’s still running or still in Portugal…
A lot can happen in 17 years!!
James
'87 R4 GTL Clan
'74 914/6 3.0 Texas GT
'73 911 2.7 RS Replica LHD
'72 911 2.4 E RHD (Sold)