LYY 911D The First RHD 911S Chassis no. 305328

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

spillers
DDK Fanatic

Re: LYY 911D The First RHD 911S Chassis no. 305328

Post by spillers »

chrisgcr wrote:Have some important stuff related to the car
Hi,

John’s son here.

Apologies I haven’t checked the forum for a while.

I just installed Tapatalk to ensure I see any notifications.

Let me know how I can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John

" Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." Albert Einstein
spillers
DDK Fanatic

Post by spillers »

Thanks to Rob for his DM. Sharing with him what I shared there: the 67 S never went to the Shorade shop, not to the best of my knowledge.

Likewise LLY 911D wasn’t originally red. It was painted red at some point. It was 6804 light ivory.

Also, my father bought a donor car for the project (from advice I think he gleaned on DDK) - could there be a connection there to some other auctioned vehicle? I don’t know. And it was just a donor, a shell.

John

" Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." Albert Einstein
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

John as discussed if you go to page one, click on chrisgcr you can direct message him via DDK. He said he had a bunch of paperwork relating to the car. I think he didn't want to hand it over for nothing!! If he's not reading his DM's on here I'd bet this is him: http://gcrcentral.co.uk/?page_id=62 so you could give him a buzz.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
spillers
DDK Fanatic

Post by spillers »

RobFrost wrote:John as discussed if you go to page one, click on chrisgcr you can direct message him via DDK. He said he had a bunch of paperwork relating to the car. I think he didn't want to hand it over for nothing!! If he's not reading his DM's on here I'd bet this is him: http://gcrcentral.co.uk/?page_id=62 so you could give him a buzz.
Thank you, Rob

John