F12

The place to post images of your other cars.

Moderator: Bootsy

Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

F12

Post by Tp81 »

Did not realise how long its been since I have posted anything, looks to be almost a year. I still lurk in the background and occasionally keep track of different restorations. Would love to do another at some point but equally found it seriously expensive and time consuming - with me not even doing anything! Just the coordination and time needed to commit and keep on it.

In Feb 2023, I went a bit off course and bought something I have loved and admired from its first introduction, the F12 Berlinetta.

Took my 2.7 over today to the detailer, I had the front splitter off the F12 getting painted, scuffed in the past from previous owners. The Carrera is such a beautiful car, so different but both unbelievable enjoyable in their own way.

DDK#694
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: F12

Post by neilbardsley »

Two stunning cars

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Nice.
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Great colour combo on the F12. How do you find it to drive, is too much power or just enough?
The force is strong in this one ......
Tp81
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Tp81 »

It has taken a bit to get used to. Picked the car up from London and drove back to Scotland.

At first I thought there was something wrong with the car, the level of engine braking is huge and takes a bit of getting used to. A friend owned an F12 and now has a 812, quick phone call confirmed that a 6.2l V12 that shoves out 730hp has quite a bit of engine braking, you have to be really steady on the throttle on motorway cruising other wise your passenger becomes seasick. The easiest way to combat this is to have some level of cruise control on which keeps a mild level of throttle present and softens the engine pull the off throttle.

It wasn't until a 5 day trip to Italy up into Austria and back that I realised how good and welcome the engine braking is, its perfect when pushing the car - to be honest its needed. It replicates as much I suppose as you could a manual style of throttle control I have never experienced in an auto transmission. The car shrinks round you, steering is really quick and you feel like it rotates about you which again is very different to other cars I have driven. The power and the engine noise is addictive, I wouldn't say its too much. The manettino system is great, in sport the car has a good level of safety systems active and traction feels really stable and secure, in race you can feel it slipping at the heavier end of the right foot. I am happy enough in sport at 8/10ths for short bursts between hairpins. On the downhill sections in race under really heavy braking at high speeds the gears bang in which is incredible and gets the hairs on your arms and neck standing on end. It is an incredible machine!

Equally its a great car for cruising with the wife for a coffee on a Sunday.

Loving it so far.
DDK#694
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Very nice . Italy austria stunning roads so can imagine it being a great car for that kind of trip. Back in the uk, nice spec to keep you under the radar slightly ?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Fantastic car and always great pictures 8)
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio