Boxster Insurance renewal increase!

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: Boxster Insurance renewal increase!

Post by RobFrost »

Poor policing and an absence of a functioning government for the past decade are largely to blame. If they had a mind to actually catch criminals then extract from their bank accounts the true costs of their crimes, the problem wouldn't exist.

Everybody knows that the salvage cars getting sold on Copart etc. can't possibly be repaired economically and got back on the road for a profit, but they keep attracting substantial prices. Why? Because many of those buying them are fitting parts stripped from stolen vehicles and using untaxed illegal migrant labour.

Give me ten good cops and access to Copart sales data and I'd have the whole industry closed down in a matter of months. With decent legislation we could empty their bank accounts and leave them with nothing. But nobody's actually running the country any more. Too busy filling their own pockets and fighting within their own party.

Ok rant over!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
deano
I luv DDK!

Post by deano »

Just got renewal notice from LV Insurance for our C5 Aircross, up from 300 to 530, incl. multi-car discount and NCB protection (nothing else), a 76 % increase! Plus 9% for paying monthly.

Just the day before, I received this note from them
Screenshot LVinsurance.jpg
Dean
1973T Targa MFI 334 met blu- under restoration https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 28&t=67060
1980 924 Turbo, blu/grn tartan - restored
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by 911hillclimber »

For many years of my working life I was Design Director for companies making door locks for buildings of many sorts.
This involved talking to the Police and Insurance companies. House theft was nowhere near to top of the Insurance Co worries, flooding was at the top, the very top.

Massive costs involved, house, possessions and of course cars.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9
Bruce M
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by Bruce M »

deano wrote:Just got renewal notice from LV Insurance for our C5 Aircross, up from 300 to 530, incl. multi-car discount and NCB protection (nothing else), a 76 % increase! Plus 9% for paying monthly.

Just the day before, I received this note from them
Screenshot LVinsurance.jpg
Ditto. LV appear to be avoiding business unless at a uncompetitive rate. Do a basic comparison site search. You should find a known alternative at £350-ish I’d guess based on my experience
deano
I luv DDK!

Post by deano »

That's the plan (UPDATE: did a Gocompare and found it for £330 with Flow Insurance (underwritten by LV, and with an LV email address), £200 cheaper than my LV renewal quote!!

I recall that I left LV a few years ago too for the same reason, but then they came up competitive again a year or three ago.

Direct Line became uncompetitive before that, always my go-to insurer in the old days of paying £700-800 a year for 944 insurance (in my 30's). Never competitive since, for me at least.

Clearly swings in roundabouts, but the industry seems to have gone berserk this time around! Flipping EV's!! :bom: :P
Last edited by deano on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dean
1973T Targa MFI 334 met blu- under restoration https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 28&t=67060
1980 924 Turbo, blu/grn tartan - restored
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »

Don’t think it is EV’s. Tesla owners are going through the roof, with quotes that were around £400 a year in 2022, to £800+ in 2023, and this year, a lot are seeing renewal quotes of £2000+. Apparently because repair costs of their front and rear bolt in frames are extortionate. Does not help that manufacturers highly inflate their spare parts either, as it is another huge revenue stream for them. One article years ago showed one manufacturers huge profits came from spare parts alone, around 70%!

Funny how around Covid and lock down, they had to make very few payouts as no one was using their cars, yet they still put policies up the following year. Pure scam, you have to have it by law, so let’s just charge what we want.

Cars are meant to be safer now with awareness systems, anti skid, braking for you .................. so why inflate prices?