2024 Classic Rally Mallorca?

Upcoming motorsport influenced get togethers.

Moderator: Bootsy

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

2024 Classic Rally Mallorca?

Post by neilbardsley »

https://youtu.be/k9A5g1cacmk?si=ei8LGtKOpJpgJnl2

Has anyone on here done this rally? I contacted the organiser to try and get more information about entering the Regularity. Entries open in November and the cost is xxxx EUR.

Should I expect accommodation and some meals included? What licences will be needed? If it only the race entry fee I'm tempted to go and watch. Drive around a bit each day and keep the difference.

Yes I know these are questions for the organiser but I'm not sure that I will get good answers.

Sent from my 22011119UY using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: 2024 Classic Rally Mallorca?

Post by MikeB »

Neil

Having read the FAQs it looks like the accommodation is on top of the entry fee, but has some discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Thank you. I thought I had read that section but clearly not very well

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
KS

Post by KS »

Adrian Crawford and Richard Williams from Williams-Crawford did it this year, along with a group of friends. Could try dropping Adrian a line.

The main event is pretty hard core - not sure about the regularity side. Definitely not a cheap event to enter, especially when you factor in travel there and back, as well as the accommodation.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by MikeB »

Unless you are a serious regularity competitor, or collector of rally plates, you will just be paying 2600 Euro to drive round roads you can drive for free any other time.

Would highly recommend the roads esp in the North & West of the island. Get a cheapie holiday and just hire a car ;)
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
Sam

Post by Sam »

MikeB wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:06 am Get a cheapie holiday and just hire a car ;)
We hired an i3 when visiting friends west of Palma a few years back. Had a great time skidding it up and down the empty hills then charging for free in public car parks. I resolved at the time to hire a small sports car when we returned, but the gits moved to Denmark.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I found this. Almost double the time and accommodation included for 50% of the price

https://www.sceniccartours.com/iom-classic-car-weekend

I'm not sure what I would do on The Island of Man for 5 days.

I think perhaps next year we will just do a San Sebastian / Barcelona tour by ourselves.

hot66

Post by hot66 »

Bunch of us went to watch a few years ago … seems more like a jolly for the drivers and everyone was enjoying themselves. Don’t think I’ve drunk so much though !!! Had a good cycle upto the lighthouse to clear the hangover
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Sam

Post by Sam »

neilbardsley wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:34 pm I think perhaps next year we will just do a San Sebastian / Barcelona tour by ourselves.
The roads west of San Sebastián are splendid. Up over the picos, along the coast, pop in to see god at Santiago, down to glorious glorious Porto. Lovely.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Neil, you’ll know as well as I do, you can organise you’re own trip on the same roads and in nicer hotels for a lot less than the tour companies / rallies offer. Just takes a bit of time and planning
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)