Wiper park switch

Need some help with a technical problem - ask away and let's see if we can all help.

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Nige

hot66

Wiper park switch

Post by hot66 »

Has anyone got a photo of the location of the wiper park switch on a 73 911 ?

Would be useful before I go in and start stripping things down.

Reason being, my wipers sometimes have a habit of turning themselves on at speed or won’t turn themselves off … I’m assuming the park switch needs adjustment / clean up as I gather power is permanent to the wiper motor and this switch is fed permanently
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Wiper park switch

Post by Nine One One »

Think it is something to do with the relay - some more information on this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=71222&hilit=wipers+park&start=15
911hillclimber
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Wiper park switch

Post by 911hillclimber »

I'm not sure if this issue is with the front wipers or the rear (if fitted to a T).

At one point of my efforts the front wipers continuously ran and only switching off the ignition did the system re-set. That was with the wiper arms both off.
I would simply remove the blower casing and clean and replace in the same positions all the wire connectors on the motor.
Pull the relay and in so doing 'clean' their contacts too.

Arms and blades back on and it all should be fine. That fixed mine and the arm parking position is tight to the base of the screen. Never got them that close in 35 years.

If not i would pull the bulkhead connector from the rubber grommet/socket from the wiper switch and 'clean' those contacts too.
73T 911 Coupe, road/hillclimber 3.2L
Lola t 492 / 3.2 hillclimb racer
Boxster 987 Gen II 2.9