Hi from Iberian Peninsula

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

stretch
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Hi from Iberian Peninsula

Post by stretch »

Hi Dennes, welcome. Sounds like an interesting car you have there. Any other internal features like a dead pedal or seat belt mounts, roll bar evidence.?
Dave
70T barn find...... to ST.
1998 C2 996 Kettle
Dennes
DDK Newbie

Post by Dennes »

_Baudett wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:45 am Is there any open post about this vehicle? It looks interesting and I don't think I've seen it on the national forums! It would be interesting if you restore it to open one in "the national forum......"
Hi Baudett, thank you for your message.
I did not open a post yet, since the progress on the car is slow at this point.

Posting the project could definitely be interesting taking into account the things that I already did to restore most parts, but I did not start repairing the chassis yet.
The main reason is behind the fact that the car has some racing history, and I still deciding how to proceed with it.
70 911 Albert Blue
05 Cayenne S Titanium Metallic
Dennes
DDK Newbie

Post by Dennes »

stretch wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:37 pm Hi Dennes, welcome. Sounds like an interesting car you have there. Any other internal features like a dead pedal or seat belt mounts, roll bar evidence.?
Dave
Hi Dave, Thank you!

It is interesting, but I don't think is that special.
According to the COA, it is a matching number car with comfort interior.
However, the Italian dealership was not in the mood to look for more information on the car.

Definitely no dead pedal, or a roll cage.

A few unimportant details about the car (apart from the conversion to G-model)
- No radio or speaker.
- No sound deadening either underbody, inside, or on the engine compartment (just plain painted black).
- The engine came with the original MFI but with after-fit honey-coloured fiberglass.
- The floor circle shapes are detachable, being held only by rubber encompassing the metal circles.
- The holes for the lettering on the rear hood were welded shut, it used to have Porsche lettering as stickers.
- Rear grille is original but in black paint, instead of chrome.
70 911 Albert Blue
05 Cayenne S Titanium Metallic