NOW SOLD - 1973 2.4E LUX (S Trim) RHD Survivor

Porsche and other Cars offered for sale by traders

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

NOW SOLD - 1973 2.4E LUX (S Trim) RHD Survivor

Post by RENNSPORT CLASSICS »

NOW SOLD

Imagine a RHD 911E with only 79,500 miles from new with almost concours paintwork following a repaint in 2015 by one of the best bodyshops in the country (a concours judge for PCGB for over 15 years). Imagine a car that has an extensive history recorded in a folder 2 inches thick that is complete with its original maroon folders and books, has untouched original interior in superb condition and still drives beautifully after a top end overhaul at 69,000 miles. Add to this a car that has registration papers and history from time spent in Greece, Africa and the South France and you will get some idea why it has earned the description of a true survivor of the marque. Finished in Porsche Light Yellow and one of 8 cars in this colour in 1973 it is LUX version of the 911E so has S trim and almost unmarked original 6in Fuch alloy wheels. Additional extras fitted are; tinted glass, rear window wiper, electric windows and Recaro Sports seats.

So what can be improved?

All the suspension is original and now 50 years old and although charming to drive would benefit from a refresh with new parts to add the crispness back to the handling. The matching numbers engine is original and can be detailed to a higher level but we are being pedantic now but why not? Any improvements as suggested would make a great car even greater. They say you can never reproduce the original feel of an original car so if you want to experience what a fully restored car can't offer and that is what a 911E was like to drive back in 1973 when it was new then this is that chance.

A 911E with 165bhp accelerates faster to 100mph than its more expensive 2.4S stablemate yet in LUX form looks identical. It is sadly though a rarer car than both a RHD RS and a RHD S due to the fact the market never understood it's position in the line up of T, E and S and consequently the model has been subjected to abuse and neglect. My first car was a 2.4 911S in 1984 and my second a 2.4 911E, coincidentally with 79,000 miles from new. I have owned the second best original RHD RST, the best RHD RSL and numerous RHD T, Es and S models. I also raced a 911E in the PCGB Championship so I am qualified to comment that a 2.4 911E is one of the most exciting early 911s that Porsche have ever built. I have known and sold this car to all it recent owners of the last 25 years and am proud to have it back once more and am sure the next owner will be proud too, to own one of the best examples of one of the best 911s Porsche have ever produced.

It is my absolute pleasure to offer this car for sale at only £135,000.

No messages please asking for details please text me your email for photos and/or call 07774 911959 if you wish to discuss being the next owner of this fabulous example.