Ripped off, what to do?

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

MikeB
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Ripped off, what to do?

Post by MikeB »

Well it did say one of the witnesses was being hard to find ………….;)
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
Disco
DDK rules my life!

Post by Disco »

read into that what you want. :)

that said, if I believed everything a car dealer ever said, then there'd be zero need for a PPI ! - unless the car was sold unseen, surely an untrained eye could tell if a car had been restored or not. and if so, surely you simply walk away from the purchase.?

I mean I don't know the specifics, but unless there were pictures of another car... buyer beware, no? also 40k for a restored Porsche? - not many at that price - which one was it, a 944 ha ha ha. if something looks like a bargain, it probably isn't.
Nine One One

Post by Nine One One »

£40k was probably a fair price for something restored and sold over 10 years ago????

Talking car prices in general here for a 911, not the car in question, whatever model 911 it was.
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

buyer beware, no?
No. Very much no.

Any seller has to accurately describe a car.

A dealer has to accurately describe it and make sure it works properly for at least 6 months.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

I am being cautious, as not sure what I can say. If it is the case I know of, it was a SC Targa and the 40k was for a finished, functioning car supplied by the dealer.

Note I am not involved in this in any way.
;)
Cheers

Mike

RS Rep 3.0 on Webers
RobFrost

Post by RobFrost »

Disco wrote:

read into that what you want. :)

that said, if I believed everything a car dealer ever said, then there'd be zero need for a PPI ! - unless the car was sold unseen, surely an untrained eye could tell if a car had been restored or not. and if so, surely you simply walk away from the purchase.?

I mean I don't know the specifics, but unless there were pictures of another car... buyer beware, no? also 40k for a restored Porsche? - not many at that price - which one was it, a 944 ha ha ha. if something looks like a bargain, it probably isn't.
Then it would be a case of careless statements by the vendor. It sounds like in NI law you have to be careful not to oversell your product or else be guilty of the crime of fraud. That might be a good law for consumers, a bad one for overenthusiastic sales people.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.