Finnish Francesca, 1973 targa resto

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

210bhp
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Finnish Francesca, 1973 targa resto

Post by 210bhp »

Hi James

Thanks for your thoughts on the next trip. Anything would be nice to travel in to lovely Sicily. It wouldn’t really matter to me but I suppose the S is the most appropriate. It would be lovely just to be back there.
Keep me posted on your ideas for dates.

Hi Richard

I have to say that your purchase of your lovely 356 was one of the inspirations that accelerated my interest in this remarkable Porsche model. It’s a great colour and I looked at the pictures with a little envy. As you know it’s becoming harder to find a ‘good one’ (especially when I put on a few restrictions) but I am happy with what I found. It’s early days yet but I’m liking it too.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: Finnish Francesca, 1973 targa resto

Post by inaglasshouse »

210bhp wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:18 pm I have to say that your purchase of your lovely 356 was one of the inspirations that accelerated my interest in this remarkable Porsche model. It’s a great colour and I looked at the pictures with a little envy. As you know it’s becoming harder to find a ‘good one’ (especially when I put on a few restrictions) but I am happy with what I found. It’s early days yet but I’m liking it too.
Mike,
I'm glad to hear that I have helped to lead you astray!

Mine has fairly recently been to PRS for a proper going-over. Now has actual brakes, which I find useful, and generally drives rather nicely.
I wish you fun and adventures in yours. Slow fun and slow adventures, obvs.

All the best, Richard.