Martini Porsche Racing/ 'Moby Dick' Cinefilm Footage

Chitter chatter about Porsche Motorsport -race meets, hillclims etc.

Moderator: Bootsy

dan95x
DDK Newbie

Martini Porsche Racing/ 'Moby Dick' Cinefilm Footage

Post by dan95x »

Hello all,

New user, as (long story all explained in the 'new members' section) I have ended up as a half owner of an early 911, courtesy of my brother and me inheriting it from my Granddad after he passed away in April of this year.

Professionally, he owned a VW dealership in the West Midlands from the early sixties, through to the eighties, and much like a lot of VW 'fans' he had a soft spot for Porsches, owning a couple, but he also was obsessed with the 935s and 917s, in terms of them being a technical 'pinnacle' for him.

Before he died, we found a load of his old cinefilms, and I managed to get them all transferred to electronic format for him to see them all again. There was loads of the usual stuff like holidays, and some brilliant stuff of the dealership and its facilities etc, but there were also a couple of race meets that are pretty Porsche heavy that might be appreciated here.

I love Porsches, but my 'beard' for them is not massive, so I am only going off the info that was written on the cinefilm cans etc - If anyone knows better on dates/details etc, I am more than happy to be corrected!

First up is what was titled Silverstone Aug 77 Brands Hatch Martini Porsche:

https://youtu.be/EIZtpfYRmSs

Second is 1978 Silverstone Moby Dick:

https://youtu.be/vl7m-Jb5ATk

There is a bit of action from the '81 Lombard Rally with some very brief rally spec 911 footage if anyone is interested?

Anyway, just thought it would be a shame if the footage doesn't get seen by anyone other than us - There is no sound, unfortunately, so if you are going to watch it, you need a brew and some music on, or will have to make your own engine noises!

Sorry for not embedding them - I couldnt work out how to :lol:

Dan
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Martini Porsche Racing/ 'Moby Dick' Cinefilm Footage

Post by KS »

Thank you so much! The footage is wonderful - so many well-known cars there. Makes you wish for a time machine...
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

Fabulous! Thanks for taking the time to share
The force is strong in this one ......
dan95x
DDK Newbie

Post by dan95x »

:) just glad that they will get seen and not buried for another 50 years with no one seeing them!