Buyer beware - An overpriced pair of seats on ebay

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Buyer beware - An overpriced pair of seats on ebay

Post by IanM »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155238984979 ... R_aP_sCIYQ

Be aware that tilting bases are not included. Way overpriced.

A couple of years ago I listed one '73 Recaro sport seat with double locker base (good condition) here on DDK for £2.5K and nobody wanted to buy it. Eventually an American bought it.
210bhp
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Buyer beware - An overpriced pair of seats on ebay

Post by 210bhp »

There’s a huge difference in the rarity of original tan or black recaros and the leatherette looks original and in reasonably good condition to me.
That’s a very desirable pair of seats to the right car. I don’t know what it costs these days for a re trim of a pair of recaros but what I do know is that there is nothing on the market (that I’ve seen) close to the original brown leatherette so an original pair in good condition may be better value than you think. Most restores simply give up on trying to get a match on a brown interior and convert to black. Those that press on with brown usually end up with a mismatch array of different brown shades on the vinyl which looks terrible.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

I don’t think it says the tilting bases are included unless I have misread the listing or it has been amended?
The force is strong in this one ......
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanM »

210bhp wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:02 pmbut what I do know is that there is nothing on the market (that I’ve seen) close to the original brown leatherette so an original pair in good condition may be better value than you think.
Ebay description:
Just one side of one seat has had both bolsters retrimmed and aren’t the best match
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanM »

yoda wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:34 am I don’t think it says the tilting bases are included unless I have misread the listing or it has been amended?
Well, at that price, most people would think bases are included. Who in their right mind would pay that much for an incomplete pair of seats in need of a refurb?