Tracking 911818 case for my rhd ‘67

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

IanM
DDK rules my life!

Re: Tracking 911818 case for my rhd ‘67

Post by IanM »

Silver911SC wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:57 amHowever I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on where I might try and post/search for my missing engine case 911818. Currently I have someone elses 911951 case.

Any ideas of where I can look for the case. I know it’s a longshot but I do know others that have found theirs. I’m trying to get one of the sellers (a restoration shop) to put me in touch with a collector and long term owner of the car, but yet to surface a result on that.
Back to the topic....

I was looking at this car about 5 years ago and was considering to buy it but the deal fell through.

The then owner in Guildford told me he bought it from France. www.1961classics.com and the French man's name was Martin Ducros.

I tried contacting him but it was not easy (he ignored me). I'll PM you his phone number. I sincerely hope you find the original engine. Anyway numbers matching is not so important these days. Porsche AG won't even send out CoA anymore. What matters is period correct engine type (same engine type number and same year)

Here is a photo sent to me by the then owner of the car as bought from France (I do not know if the guy with the beard is the French guy as I've never met him). Engine in the photo is not the original one.
FRF911E.jpg
Silver911SC
Married to the DDK

Post by Silver911SC »

IanM wrote:
Silver911SC wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:57 amHowever I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on where I might try and post/search for my missing engine case 911818. Currently I have someone elses 911951 case.

Any ideas of where I can look for the case. I know it’s a longshot but I do know others that have found theirs. I’m trying to get one of the sellers (a restoration shop) to put me in touch with a collector and long term owner of the car, but yet to surface a result on that.
Back to the topic....

I was looking at this car about 5 years ago and was considering to buy it but the deal fell through.

The then owner in Guildford told me he bought it from France. www.1961classics.com and the French man's name was Martin Ducros.

I tried contacting him but it was not easy (he ignored me). I'll PM you his phone number. I sincerely hope you find the original engine. Anyway numbers matching is not so important these days. Porsche AG won't even send out CoA anymore. What matters is period correct engine type (same engine type number and same year)

Here is a photo sent to me by the then owner of the car as bought from France (I do not know if the guy with the beard is the French guy as I've never met him). Engine in the photo is not the original one.
FRF911E.jpg
Wow, that is fascinating, and great to see any another photo of it. I have lots of photos of the car in parts/boxes and that rear tinted window is the same as the photos of the parts I have. Sadly a lot of those parts have gone missing since, including the rhd parts like the dash and knee pad.

Adam of Adam Redding Classic Cars in Buckinghamshire had the car in to restore for a client who had it in the corner of his collection for a very long time. It was decided it required a bit too much work and about 5-6 years ago Adam Redding asked a friend (Bryan McMorran of Abbeyfield Sports & Classics) to sell it on his behalf, and I found the old Car&classic advert for it.

I expect the guy in Guildford you mention must be Adam’s client who owned it and it sat in the corner of their collection. Possibly that photo is of it in their collection. I am trying to get that owners contact details so I can speak to them. I can only assume, It was either them or the owner before them (potentially they person in France) who swapped out the engine, and either of them are possibly my only chance of helping me find it. Naturally if you have the Guildford owners details please do let me know.

Feels like we are getting closer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1966 RHD 911 Restoration Project
1988 RHD 3.2 Carrera fully restored with 200k miles
1999 RHD X51 with Factory Recaro Bucket Seats
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanM »

Silver911SC wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:43 pmNaturally if you have the Guildford owners details please do let me know.
His name was David Roberts. I'll PM you his email address.
AndrewSlater
I luv DDK!

Post by AndrewSlater »

I take it from the CarandClassic that the car is up for sale.
Is that you selling it or have you already passed it on?

Regards
Andrew
1966 Porsche 912 Slate Grey, red interior - first owner owned for 41 years
1974 Porsche 911 2.7 (The Manhattan project) viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51455
1973 VW 914 1.7 Olympic Blue - ( gone to a good home )
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Post by IanM »