9in x 15in Fuch

After a set of 11's? Post your wanted adverts here.

Moderator: Miggs

RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

9in x 15in Fuch

Post by RENNSPORT CLASSICS »

A pair of genuine Porsche 9in x 15in Fuch needed. Cash waiting

I have a set very nice set of replica 9in & 11in Fuch finished to RSR specification never used for sale or p/ex.

Mark 07774 911959
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: 9in x 15in Fuch

Post by Nine One One »

did you ever get your roll cages manufactured, as someone on here was looking for one?
RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

Yes we did. We have made three so far. Price is £3000+VAT for a full cage with removable front section and door bars. Bolt in. Self Certifiable FIA specification cage. Lead time 21 days from receipt of order. We have one on display at our premises fitted in a car we are building. Classic fittings used throughout and the rear section is the shape of the original with a harness bar.
matteo68
I luv DDK!

9in x 15in Fuch

Post by matteo68 »

I wanted just the rear factory-style hoop with top right - bottom left (behind driver) diagonal, so this is quite a bit more than what I bought from Carpoint in the end (because no-one’s got an original one).
'72 T 210 2176 (ex-Hawaii donor car for '72 M491 2.5 SR)
'72 S 230 0347 (two-owner tangerine unicorn)
RENNSPORT CLASSICS
DDK forever

No one produces an original half cage as it was in 1973 because that cage attaches to the seat mounts which is now not allowed by the FIA. The tubing also has to be of a larger diameter and the base plates a minimum square area which required a complete redesign and retooling to get the shape similar to the original but correctly line up with the new position and size of the plates. We also wanted a removable front section to improve protection in the event of a rollover and a harness bar as the rear parcel shelf single mounting point creates diagonal stresses on the shoulders and is less than ideal in the event of an accident. You can order just a rear cage but it will still be double the price of a Carpoint cage. With these cars capable of up to 180mph safety was our main consideration when designing and making these cages and you cannot put a price on that.
matteo68
I luv DDK!

Post by matteo68 »

Fair enough Mark, but as I haven’t renewed my National A licence for 10 years, I very much doubt I’ll be racing my SR and originality and accuracy is more important to me than anything with this build.
'72 T 210 2176 (ex-Hawaii donor car for '72 M491 2.5 SR)
'72 S 230 0347 (two-owner tangerine unicorn)