NOW SOLD - 1971 Porsche 911T Pastel Blue 'Beebi'

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

Burma-Shave
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

NOW SOLD - 1971 Porsche 911T Pastel Blue 'Beebi'

Post by Burma-Shave »

NOW SOLD

Dear absent friends. I haven’t posted for a while and have fallen short with subs, but I still have the cars, and still have the joy and I hope to be back soon. Life can be complicated sometimes but I’m nearly there. And the 928 is still working.

I am here to put my sister Vicki’s early 911 up for sale. Vicki has had her own complications as some of you know, but she is well, and sends her love. She has indelible memories of DDK trips, but now simply doesn’t use the car enough to justify the value. So, here is Beebi. I’ll try and describe the car as best I can but I don’t know early 911s very well so please feel free to correct me, and I am happy to answer questions on PM of course.

Beebi is a dry state US import LHD 1971 911T in kardex Pastel Blue with a 1972 2.4 and a Mike Bainbridge rebuilt 915 box. Interior seems to be original apart from new pepita insert seats and momo prototipo wheel, plus cocomats and fully working period Becker radio. Wheels are nice fuchs on matching Goodyears and a steelie spare.

The car was imported from the states by Nick Moss of http://www.early911.co.uk/, and lightly restored/repainted employing GRP front and rear bumpers. There doesn’t seem to have been any rust or repairs and I am pretty sure we can say there is no current rust. As it was restored 15 years ago or so, if something was going to be showing up it would have done so by now. This isn’t a recent spray-over that is going to have bubbly b-pillars in a couple of years.

Nick used it for a while including I think on a DDK trip and then sold it to Vicki in 2008. It’s a real DDK family member :) .

Vicki lives near the Wizard of the North’s emerald palace, and so the car has been looked after by Mike, which has included the ‘box, brakes and elephant racing trailing arms. I don’t know much about the engine except that it has carburettors, starts fine runs well and doesn’t leak oil. It has never caused problems and I doubt anything major that was not in order would have escaped Mike’s gimlet eye. I don’t think its history is known prior to import as is usually the case. There is lots of paperwork with the car from its time in the UK.

Vicki has used her 911 in her gentle Vicki way on dry days locally, but the main use has been DDK trips in the summer, where the car has purred happily along in a slightly different time zone to everyone else. The only rain it will have seen will have been on these trips. The bodywork is unharmed apart from a chip by the fuel filler which has been skilfully touched in. After having a recent shot, the car drives really well with plenty of power, nice transmission of course (having been touched by greatness), no rattles or wobbles, and good brakes, although the travel is a bit long in the pedal for me.

Vicki just had the car MOT’d with no advisories, and fitted a new Bosch battery.

Asking price is £69,000 or close offers.

(Pastel blue Cibies for the bonnet sitting in a box includeable by negotiation)

Thanks all. (and I have sent my membership subs!) ~x

'89 964 C4 - staying. '78 928 manual - going actually.
And..'89 BMW E30 325i Touring. '83 Mercedes 280E. '84 Citroen 2CV. '16 BMW i3 REx. '17 Yamaha XSR700. '99 Yamaha R1. '79 BMW R100RT scrambler.

Member#0336
Burma-Shave
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: 1971 Porsche 911T Pastel Blue 'Beebi'

Post by Burma-Shave »

Hello again lovelies, that is Beebi now for sale by auction on Collecting Cars. Tell your friends.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/197 ... =gone_live
'89 964 C4 - staying. '78 928 manual - going actually.
And..'89 BMW E30 325i Touring. '83 Mercedes 280E. '84 Citroen 2CV. '16 BMW i3 REx. '17 Yamaha XSR700. '99 Yamaha R1. '79 BMW R100RT scrambler.

Member#0336