Farm Land and putting a shed up?

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Farm Land and putting a shed up?

Post by neilbardsley »

I was under the 356 on the weekend and wishing for a proper lift. Unfortunately, in our current house this is very unlikely. Moving isn't an option so I started thinking about trying to buy some farm land and put a shed on it. A quick search suggests it ok if used for agricultural storage. PDR Class A. I'm not sure that car storage would fit under this? Anyone have any experience? This is also very difficult so insurance the cars because they aren't need the residence and visited infrequently?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Nige
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Farm Land and putting a shed up?

Post by Nige »

Not sure on the planning side, but I think you'll struggle with insurance as it's technically not at a residential address and just in a field albeit in a wooden shed.
misteralz
DDK forever

Re: Farm Land and putting a shed up?

Post by misteralz »

Sounds like a non- starter, tbh. And no matter how agricultural a 356 is, it isn't an agricultural vehicle.
I've built an 'agricultural workshop' before, and kept cars in it. Even managed to do it legally without any kind of planning permission! However, that was on land I owned that I lived right next to, which was zoned as agricultural. I kept all my tools in it, and a snowplough. Plus the occasional Land Rover. And 45 gallon drums full of animal feed, as we had hens, sheep, quail, pigs, and probably ducks at the time as well. So I could legitimately say it was an agricultural building, that just happened to house my 911. And 914. And T1. A shed in a field with a 356 in it, it isn't that.