New server move - TONIGHT 19th July

Having site problems then post them here

Moderator: Miggs

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

New server move - TONIGHT 19th July

Post by Bootsy »

So we've updated the software, we are slowly getting near on 20 years of content indexed within Google and thus the site is getting busier and busier.

I'm hoping to move the site to a new dedicated server next week

We can't hang about... for example

'Most users ever online was 158 on Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:54 pm'

There were over 100 users online at 6.30am this morning - a lot of traffic will result in nothing but if it means more enthusiasts find us and think they'll fit in then that's good - it also means better exposure for our valued supporters plus back links which which will help their own websites.

But we need to move onto a bigger box! I'll let you know on here and on Facebook when this will take place

Hopefully you shouldn't experience any downtime as such - the site will be set up on the new server and it will then switch over - however the forum will be going into maintenance mode late one night next week whilst this happens so we don't lose any posts or registrations during the move.

Hope this makes sense.
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: New server move - week commencing 18th July

Post by Bootsy »

Just bumping this up as a reminder. Tonight from 11 you won't be able to access the site - I'm hopeful it will be back up and running on our new server at some point tomorrow morning
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk