Indicator relay location

A place for Impact Bumpers, 964 and 993 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Indicator relay location

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Please dear friends, put me out of my misery. The indicators have ceased to work on my '86 Carrera so I have been looking for the relay to check function and feed. But can I find it? No I damn well can't. "It's behind the tach, it's behind the fuel gauge, it's next to the aerial amplifier", not on my car it's not. I have had all the dials out, poked around by the heater stuff in the front, no joy, where is the bloody thing???
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Indicator relay location

Post by Nine One One »

From Pelican with someone else who could not find it..........

Not familiar with the 1988, but typically the flasher is in the luggage compartment, behind the cardboard cover that is beneath the cowel. Remove the cover and look under the cowel on the driver's side, just infront of the fuel gauge. You should see a cluster of relays. The cube shaped one is the flasher relay.
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Thanks but I guess US cars are different, I have totally scoured this area and it still remains nowhere to be found.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Silver911SC
Married to the DDK

Post by Silver911SC »

Did you find it? My '88 blew right before Boxengasse and I opened it up and welded it, before buying a new one from type911. It is right behind the struct as I've highlighted below in pink.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_3123.jpg
1966 RHD 911 Restoration Project
1988 RHD 3.2 Carrera fully restored with 200k miles
1999 RHD X51 with Factory Recaro Bucket Seats
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Thanks, found it at last due to your picture. I had already poked around there previously but only found two relays. Anyway I don't have to do hand signals out of the sunroof anymore. Cheers.