MGB Trials car

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

MGB Trials car

Post by Winston Teague »

Very much not Porsche but......

Well, with the Lands End completed it's time to move on to other projects....

Reluctantly Tarka Dahl the curry coloured
MG is ready for it's next owner. Pat & I went halves on the whole escapade and it has been a fantastic dad-son project. A great deal of work went into bringing it back from near death following 4 years under a tree!

It is a basically standard '77 B Roadster, prepped for trials many years ago by Lee Vowden, and subsequently enjoyed by John Fry. Mechanically in excellent order, with a sweet engine, recently rolling road set up at Stanton Motorsports. Rear axle with heavy shockproof oil. Structurally solid. Equipped with good sump guard and approach skid plate, mildly lifted suspension & hydraulic hand brake. The fuel tank is in the boot which with a rerouted exhaust, gives the car excellent ground clearance, without ruining the axle articulation. The boot also accommodates a trials spare wheel, compressor and air tank, all the tools and spares etc leaving the cockpit clear of clobber. A second spare mounts on top of the bootlid. Leather MX5 seats, a decent hood, working heater and overdrive gearbox make travelling fast, comfortable and fun, easily cruising at 70+mph.

We have done 7 trials, totalling appx 160 sections! In this time the car has proved totally reliable, surprisingly competent, astonishingly cheap to run and amazingly robust. It is the perfect beginners/intro car to the friendly and affordable world of classic trialing. It has much potential for further development, is simple to work on, the parts are really cheap and easily available. It is quite scruffy so don't be tempted if you like smart!

For sale fully equipped with tools, spares, air system, fresh MSUK fire extinguisher and spill kit, a suitaby scruffy hard top is also included.
We also have a 45DCOE Weber and manifold ready to fit.....The trials tyres are pretty tired after the weekend's dry steep restarts!

£3250 ono, however if it is to bring a new generation to the sport, as it has for us (Pat is now well and truly hooked) a worthwhile discount can be negotiated! Only for sale to fund his new project in time for turning 17 in December. Winston & Patrick Teague 07971415277ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff