No Porsche club representation at Silverstone Classic

Any Porsche events or other related car events you know of please post them here

Moderators: hot66, Helen, abm914

KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

No Porsche club representation at Silverstone Classic

Post by KS »

If anyone was planning on going and partaking of PCGB's hospitality/parking etc at Silverstone Classic, think again... Just received this today (not that I was going anyway):

There are a number of significant changes to the way Silverstone are operating The Classic this summer. The event date has moved to the August Bank Holiday weekend and classification of a 'classic' has changed from '2000' to '1982', a jump of nearly 20 years. At this present moment, it is not known where any Porsches built after 1 January 1982 will be displayed at the festival. Additionally, the cost to the Club for a pitch to provide a marquee and hospitality has also increased this year.

The number of car club packages purchased by Club members is lower than expected for this time of year. For all of these reasons, the Club will not be attending The Classic in an official capacity this summer. This means that unlike recent years, we will not be offering a Club marquee, complimentary drinks or access to the Wellington Straight Grandstand.

Club members can still attend the three-day festival and the Club's booking codes will still provide access to the car club display packages, which offer a significant discount and provides two entry tickets along with infield parking for your Porsche.

So there.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
BILLY BEAN
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: No Porsche club representation at Silverstone Classic

Post by BILLY BEAN »

KS wrote:If anyone was planning on going and partaking of PCGB's hospitality/parking etc at Silverstone Classic, think again... Just received this today (not that I was going anyway):

There are a number of significant changes to the way Silverstone are operating The Classic this summer. The event date has moved to the August Bank Holiday weekend and classification of a 'classic' has changed from '2000' to '1982', a jump of nearly 20 years. At this present moment, it is not known where any Porsches built after 1 January 1982 will be displayed at the festival. Additionally, the cost to the Club for a pitch to provide a marquee and hospitality has also increased this year.

The number of car club packages purchased by Club members is lower than expected for this time of year. For all of these reasons, the Club will not be attending The Classic in an official capacity this summer. This means that unlike recent years, we will not be offering a Club marquee, complimentary drinks or access to the Wellington Straight Grandstand.

Club members can still attend the three-day festival and the Club's booking codes will still provide access to the car club display packages, which offer a significant discount and provides two entry tickets along with infield parking for your Porsche.

So there.
I have attended this event for more than ten years.This change has been known about for a couple of weeks. I purchased tickets as soon as they were released on the basis of the usual club involvement. I questioned why PCGB left negotiations for the space they occupy at Silverstone Classic to this late stage. Answer? Nothing, nowt, de nada, F
A.
The above 'reasons' given by PCGB seem to me to be a rationalisation and therefore an ar*e covering exercise. Obviously, whoever, had the responsibility for organising this at PCGB did not follow 6 Ps. Hopeless.
Rust Never Sleeps
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: No Porsche club representation at Silverstone Classic

Post by Sam »

Anyone going tho? I’ve not been for a few years and a friend is running a 26R, so I quite fancy it.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.