Greasy Fingers

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Greasy_Fingers
DDK Newbie

Greasy Fingers

Post by Greasy_Fingers »

Dear all,

My name is Johannes, I'm the maker of the YouTube Channel Greasy Fingers, which some of you might already know.
Well, I have a faint and humble hope that a few of you at least may have heard about it.
https://youtube.com/c/GreasyFingers

While I'm preparing my next restoration project, I've made a massive ordering mistake at JP Dansk, clicking the right-hand-steering version of the floor panel. I'm German and you might have heard, we're strange. E.g. driving at the wrong side of the road.
The guys at JP are my friends and sponsors to my channel. They sell parts to me for dealer prices, but understandably, they'd charge me a handling fee if I send it back.

So here you go, that's why I signed up at DDK, trying to find someone who'd be interested in this part.
I'll advertise it in a minute in the For Sale - Section, with Bootsy's blessings, of course.

All the best,
Johannes
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: Greasy Fingers

Post by Bootsy »

Welcome Johannes, be good to have some of your rest content on here too
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
christaylorsound
DDK addict

Post by christaylorsound »

Johannes, such skills!!! Wow, I'm seriously impressed with your ability and patience. I may have some jobs for you... !!
hot66

Post by hot66 »

Welcome to Ddk 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
sladey
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by sladey »

Welcome to the forum Johannes - I’ve enjoyed your videos
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
Greasy_Fingers
DDK Newbie

Post by Greasy_Fingers »

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm glad I'm here.

Thanks also for inviting me to share some more content. I have two G-models, a 76 Targa and an 87 Coupé. Both cars have solid engines, but pretty much everything else I have held in my hands in the past years and made films about it. It's therefore not easy to share anything that wasn't already broadcasted on my channel.
Upcoming 911 projects are the the rear suspension of the Targa and some body work from B-pillar to rear end. Hopefully I'll also be able to reduce oil losses of the 2.7 which have become quite annoying recently. I'll open threads about these projects once they've started.

Finally, I'm contemplating about carbon G-model bumpers. I already had set my mind on making moulds from the original ones when I noticed that this is something which is on the market already. Then, just recently I've seen Singer doing a G-model like Turbo and that got me thinking whether a slightly modified, G-modelish carbon bumper would be a cool thing to try.