1972 Datsun 240z & 996 Turbo for AirCooled Porsche

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

Jay
DDK Newbie

1972 Datsun 240z & 996 Turbo for AirCooled Porsche

Post by Jay »

Morning all,

I realise this isn't a usual for sale Porsche post, but I'd be keen to make a deal on an old Air-Cooled 911. Essentially I'm looking at trading my two cars for an air-cooled 911. Ideally a 964, but having owned my 1970's Datsun, I've really gotten into the 'classic experience' too. Market value I believe to be between 50-60k.

1972 Datsun 240z

This has been my running project car for 4 years (imported after buying it in the USA).

Nissan Skyline GTST S2 RB25DET Engine (straight 6 trubo charged), Gearbox + R180 diff.
BC Coilovers
ZG Flares, spoiler and front lip (OEM styled from the 1970's)
Custom blue respray
300zx seats
Momo Prototipo Heritage steering wheel
Blitz boost controller

Car runs great, but I would describe it as a 'running project' - plenty of small jobs to do on the car before it could be considered 'complete' but it's been a great project to keep my occupied. Had it independently valued at 25k, which is definitely on the higher end considering the list of jobs left to complete, but many similar converted Z's have sold in the states for a significant amount more and the market appears to be appreciating. The major work required would be rust repair - rear sill is going and there's a couple of small spots on the floorpans. I've got it booked in Q2 2022 for the bodywork and this will be addressed if it doesn't sell before then.

2004 Porsche 996 Turbo (GT2 front)

This has been my daily driver for 5 years. Currently sitting on 90k miles, almost 40k of which I've put on going up/down the A1/M6 and European roadtrips with the wife.

Tiptronic (custom flappy paddle steering wheel mod), 19" Motec Nitro Racing Wheels, Kenwood Double-din Headunit, BOSE Optioned. Almost fully loaded spec from new. In my ownership it has had a Tip box service (including new TCU, fluids, seals, oil return pipe), new brake discs/calipers, front condensors, centre radiator, and a GT2 Front bumper.

I decided to fit the GT2 front bumper after finally retiring the car from daily duties, as it had picked up plenty of stone chips - as I was getting the car sprayed anyway, I opted for the more aggressive front end. Original bumper can be included in the sale.

Not going to list these cars to sell seperately, as I love them both for what they are. The temptation to consolidate into 1 car is reason for swaps. Ideally I'd be looking at something around the 40-60k mark, I can add some cash if it made a deal for the right car work.
Jay
DDK Newbie

Re: 1972 Datsun 240z & 996 Turbo for AirCooled Porsche

Post by Jay »

Bumping this, a year on, after rekindling my love for something aircooled after a recent Sunday Scramble outing.