All the coolest Porsches are mid engine and air-cooled!

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: All the coolest Porsches are mid engine and air-cooled!

Post by neilbardsley »

When Mrs B was driving the 914 to Curborough I noticed that the side lights and front indicators could be brighter. I took the lenses of and was surprised at what I saw. Bulbs will not come out? No bayonet on the bulb and nothing between the light housing and the wheel??

How do I get the bulbs off to replace? I've already tried penetrating liquid.

Once I've sorted that I will try sealing it at the back l.ImageImage

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Cleaning the sender again. I've still got 5-75 ohm. Asking my son to use this 1st to change to 5-90Image

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Despite me placing the sender on a clean tray, on my worktop Mrs B was still able to knock it onto the floor and break it.

Now banned from the garageImage

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I operate a strict password entry system into the garage - I change the password daily. It's usually a derivation of 'no girls allowed'
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I just tried to solder it on but no luck. Thankfully a neighbour is an expert

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Neighbour handed the sender back solder nicely

I decided to swap the sender and check the gauge.

Nice match between sender and gauge 21/263. Looks like I might already have a resistor in circuit?ImageImageImage

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Removed the locking wheel bolts so that the extendable socket in the car will work on all the wheel bolts. I still need to find a portable jack.Image

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

My radio arrived back with a headphone jack added. Strangely it has two ground points. It also looks like I'm going to have to create a bracket to fix the rear of the radio to the car. Strangely the positive wire I was hoping to use only shows 12v then the ignition key is in the office position. 500 piece connector set bought from Screwfix. I'm struggling to find a positive wire to use. I had read to use fuse 8/9 but I'm getting neg volts off those. Which didn't make much sense to me. I will look to use the lighter positive.ImageImageImage

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Radio fitted, will bracket and working

neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Radio fitted with a headphone jack inputImage