Hamster is selling my old car!

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
Midlifecrisis
DDK slapper chatter

Hamster is selling my old car!

Post by Midlifecrisis »

According to the Daily Mail, Richard Hammond is selling 8 of his classic cars to fund his new TV show about car restoration (COG).

Imagine my surprise when I spotted my old Porsche 911T registration TTU283H which I had been told was shipped to Taiwan in a container crate 4 years ago...

My first thought was, he's trashed that, got rid of the PMO's and added fog lights. What a shame!

On closer inspection and checking my photos I realised mine was TTU282H...

Much nicer and will forever be pristine in my mind...

Will be interesting to see what it goes for and whether the celebrity connection makes any difference to the price.

https://silverstoneauctions.com/sa076-l ... n=1&pp=100
Jos

1970 911T LHD (Gone)
1974 Peugeot 304S RHD
1962 356B Notch
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Re: Hamster is selling my old car!

Post by RobFrost »

Midlifecrisis wrote:According to the Daily Mail, Richard Hammond is selling 8 of his classic cars to fund his new TV show about car restoration (COG).

Imagine my surprise when I spotted my old Porsche 911T registration TTU283H which I had been told was shipped to Taiwan in a container crate 4 years ago...

My first thought was, he's trashed that, got rid of the PMO's and added fog lights. What a shame!

On closer inspection and checking my photos I realised mine was TTU282H...

Much nicer and will forever be pristine in my mind...

Will be interesting to see what it goes for and whether the celebrity connection makes any difference to the price.

https://silverstoneauctions.com/sa076-l ... n=1&pp=100
FWIW I was the underbidder on this car. I think the buyer got a bargain because I don't think Richard Hammond would have a car that wasn't pristine. Bought something else instead in the end.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
coomo
DDK forever

Post by coomo »

I had a bike in that sale.Hammonds kit made pretty good money.Not as much as Jay Kays cars do though! Think it was 70kish.IIRC.
RobFrost
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by RobFrost »

coomo wrote:I had a bike in that sale.Hammonds kit made pretty good money.Not as much as Jay Kays cars do though! Think it was 70kish.IIRC.
I thought it was just £55k but when you add in commission etc., that's £66k. Too much for me, but I think you'd have to pay more than that to get your hands on another one, and it wouldn't be in such good condition either.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

It sold for £60,750 - so with the buyer's commission added that equates to £69,862-50 ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”