911 Targa rebuilt 2.7 in Minerva blue

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

spannerboy
DDK Newbie

911 Targa rebuilt 2.7 in Minerva blue

Post by spannerboy »

I have owned this car a few years and is registered in my name ,it’s got quite an interesting story being that it was a British forces group car ordered lhd in the uk and shipped to Germany by a soldier as you can buy it tax free keep it there during your 2 year posting then repatriate it . It came back here the. Found it’s way to South Africa ,a guy from Suffolk bought it out there then shipped it here ,it never got worked on and I bought it off him .

The motor ran but was a bit Smokey so I removed it and took it to Jez at Carrera performance in Horsham ,it was stripped and inspected , it had a crank grind,line bore ,all parts balanced ,all 6 barells re nikasilled ,new rings ,valves seats,guides ,all new valves ,shells ,timing chains ,engine oil cooler complete no exspence build ,I shipped the car to Jez where he re fitted it all and set it up.

The body is very straight and rust free ,the paint is shabby in places but still gets lots of attention ,interior is leather rear seats ,pascha fronts ,it was on cookie cutters so I fitted 6 and 7 genuine Fuchs ,fronts are polished rears could do with some love ,4 brand new toyo proxies fitted ,it was all motd on the road but it has sat in my dry unit 2 years due to lockdown and work ,I can mot it no problem .

It does need a bit of love but imho sensibly priced as I have since bought a tin top 76 carrera s .

Located in Farnham Surrey ,i’m not sure how to add pics but what’s app and I will be happy to send you some ,i’m looking in the region of £34 k I’ve got 20 invested in mechanicals plus the initial purchase price .

Simon 07817 865 722