Rear Fog Light Wiring

For all you Porsche 914 fanatics!

Moderators: drummerboytom, MdR

Porky Scratchings
DDK Fanatic

Rear Fog Light Wiring

Post by Porky Scratchings »

My '14 was supplied with the Rear Fog L:ight option which I would like reinstate. I have found a stray wire in the rear harness (white or grey with green tracer) which looks promising. The dash switch is fitted but has no power.

Has anyone come across a wiring diagram for the rear fog light, in particular showing the power feed to the switch, does it then supply the lamp via a relay and is it wired through the power board in the engine bay?

As an aside I have just fitted LED Front Side Lights/Indicators from Spokeworks in the US. Really nice bit of kit, not quite plug-and-play as some soldering required to fit Euro light wiring but nothing too onerous. I have wired the front side lights as Running Lights to be a bit more visible in todays traffic.

ATB - Peter
jwhillracer
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Re: Rear Fog Light Wiring

Post by jwhillracer »

Hi Peter,

What year is your car? I probably have the wiring diagram in the factory manuals.

Cheers
JW
Life's a single timed run with no practice....
1970 914/6 2.4E/Webers
1970 VW Beetle project
1972 911 Hillclimber 3.2 MFI. Part of the family for 30+ years!
2006 Hymer Merc Starline 630
2000 T4 Van LPG
2000 Golf V5 Estate GT (Greyhound Transport!)
LouisCurtis
DDK Fanatic

Re: Rear Fog Light Wiring

Post by LouisCurtis »

Can’t help with wiring but I do remember some posts on 914world about rear fog lights and someone was making the (now NLA) 2 piece bracket. Didn’t look too tricky but nice to have the 914 specific part.
There is probably info on wiring in that post too.
I’ll have a look for it later.