Hello everyone!

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

Autoshi
DDK Newbie

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Autoshi »

72911E wrote:Hi Toshi,

I lived in Japan for 6 years. I bought my '72E in Hokkaido in 2006 and brought it back with me (via Hong Kong, stopped off there for 2 years!).

Welcome to DDK
Hi 72911E

Nice! I love Hokkaido! Your car must be used to ice and snow!

I have a suspicion that my car was once in Hong Kong before it came to Japan.
Both of my keys were cut/made in Hong Kong!
g3ngs2
Married to the DDK

Post by g3ngs2 »

KS wrote:The car looks great! Congratulations on eventually getting through the DVLA process - it has been a pain for the last two years, with understaffing, Covid shutdowns and then, as you say, strikes. Things are still far from normal, so it's great that you can finally enjoy the car. Sand Beige looks fantastic!

Welcome to DDK!
Oh oh.... I am now modifying my expectation that my 73 T being a nice Christmas present to myself. What with the DVLA being a not as pleasant as it once was and as my status is currently "waiting" on a container I won't say which Christmas...
--------------------
911T MFI
Gen 2 Boxster
Merc stealth shed
--------------------
RobFrost
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by RobFrost »

Autoshi wrote:
KS wrote:The car looks great! Congratulations on eventually getting through the DVLA process - it has been a pain for the last two years, with understaffing, Covid shutdowns and then, as you say, strikes. Things are still far from normal, so it's great that you can finally enjoy the car. Sand Beige looks fantastic!

Welcome to DDK!
Thank you KS!
I wrote to my mp and asked the transport minister to haul the ceo of DVLA up in front of the transport select committee and account for why problems have persisted for so long and not been sorted. I got a letter back from some baroness or other, my long awaited driving license magically appeared and they now do the two things I was pushing for - 1. to circulate among all staff an updated list of the current processing times for standard tasks, and 2. a rating system and feedback mechanism with free text, for all customer interactions. Looks like somebody finally banged a few heads together.
1970 911T, Signal orange (Restoration thread)
1988 3.2 Carrera backdate, Black
2001 996 Turbo, Lapis blue (am I allowed to put that here?)
I'm looking for a pre-impact bumper 911S or other high-revving 911 to restore - please let me know if you see one.
inaglasshouse
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by inaglasshouse »

Welcome Toshi. Nice to keep the car in the family.