North Coast 500 Multiple Sclerosis charity ride on 4th Sept

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

amallagh
I need to get out more!

North Coast 500 Multiple Sclerosis charity ride on 4th Sept

Post by amallagh »

Hi DDkers, long time no see what with Covid but looking forward to live returning to some level of normality this summer.

I've entered a North Coast 500 Multiple Sclerosis Charity ride on 4th September. I'm doing it with my nephew and a group of about 15 other charity fund raisers. It is a supported ride of 535 miles over a week starting and finishing at Inverness Castle and doing a loop of Northern Scotland and camping along the way. We will be raising money for the charity through sponsorship and donations as well as meeting and supporting local MS support groups and suffers along the route.

Multiple sclerosis (or MS) is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system. Symptoms range from numbness in the limbs to extensive paralysis and loss of vision. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another. It's most commonly diagnosed in people in their 20s and 30s, although it can develop at any age. It's about 2 to 3 times more common in women than men. MS is 1 of the most common causes of disability in younger adults with roughly 110,000 suffers in the UK. Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving hope to people affected by the disease. If you would like to support this worthy cause and my charity fund raising ride, then please follow the link below. It has been interesting to find out a bit about MS and how it severely affects peoples lives. Not something I knew a lot about before.
https://ride.biketheukforms.org/pf/Andr ... t-500-Ride

Thankyou for your support and look forward to seeing you again soon
Andrew Mallagh
'72 914/6GT (first love!)
'66 SWB 911 (now sold but still prostituting itself as a rally car rental for HERO)
'73 911 2.7RS
'73 911 2.8RSR (some time in the near future)
'67 911R 2.0 twin plug (sometime, maybe, never?)
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: North Coast 500 Multiple Sclerosis charity ride on 4th S

Post by KS »

Done. A very worthy cause. MS is a horrible, horrible disease.
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

KS wrote:Done. A very worthy cause. MS is a horrible, horrible disease.
Cheers Keith, top man. Looking forward to meeting some of the MS support groups that are coming out to meet the group along the way.
Like Parkinsons it is often a degenerative disease where the worsening of symptoms happens in discrete and unpredictable phases, and it has no known cure. A lot of the research effort is focused on slowing down the degeneration which has been so successful with Parkinsons research in recent years, but MS gets a lot less funding.
Thanks again
Andrew
'66 SWB 911 (now sold but still prostituting itself as a rally car rental for HERO)
'73 911 2.7RS
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)
Peter
I luv DDK!

Post by Peter »

Hi Andrew, best of luck with the ride. I will be doing the NC500 the same week and will keep my eyes out for you. It’s a great cause and as Keith has already said, a horrible disease. I’ll head off via your link now. P.
Peter
'72 911T
'52 80” Series 1
amallagh
I need to get out more!

Post by amallagh »

Peter wrote:Hi Andrew, best of luck with the ride. I will be doing the NC500 the same week and will keep my eyes out for you. It’s a great cause and as Keith has already said, a horrible disease. I’ll head off via your link now. P.

Hi Peter, are you biking or driving ?
We start on Saturday 4th September from Inverness Castle heading north up the coast
'73 911 2.7RS
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)