911 out of lock down

A place for Impact Bumpers, 964 and 993 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

911 out of lock down

Post by Ignatzcatz »

I've had my 911 in storage since January, it's been under a four seasons car cover parked at my wife's business where there is a small secure car park. It's in the open but cannot be overseen so very safe. The reason I parked it there was because when the car was on the drive due to my double garage being full with vehicles being worked on, I noticed some ne'er-do-wells in a scabby van eyeing up my car on two occasions. Of course I freaked out with tales of stolen 911s in my head, so I speedily de-camped the beast over to the safety of Julia's offices.
So on Easter Saturday we trundled off to release the car from it's internment. I didn't disconnect the battery or do anything to the car to isolate it but I didn't hold out much hope it would start and as expected the battery had just enough power left in it's little cells to give the engine a pathetic grunt. I hooked up a slave battery and thereafter it fired first time. And the joy of getting behind the wheel again was very very fine. Julia followed me home in her new Macan turbo and of course I couldn't help but give it some beans on the way back home. I shouldn't have bothered because she obviously had her little digit on the 'sport' button and blew me into the weeds - big time. Nevertheless, just so nice to be punting around in a 911 once again.
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
hot66

Re: 911 out of lock down

Post by hot66 »

No photos ?
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Home safe, aah
Attachments
IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
Surlysurdi
DDK Newbie

Post by Surlysurdi »

Nice looking motor
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Ah yes, my Hillman Husky, could be yours.
impmad2000
I need to get out more!

Post by impmad2000 »

Ignatzcatz wrote:Ah yes, my Hillman Husky, could be yours.
Imp Husky ?? Or earlier version
Tim Bennett
RHD Targa 2.2T EFI, Triumph ITB's, EDIS and Megasquirt.
"Old enough to know what's right and young enough not to choose it"
Lightweight_911
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Lightweight_911 »

I'd say that from the door handles (which were used on the Climax Elite) & the roof it must be one of the last of the 'original' (Minx derived) Husky models - probably early-mid '60's ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

Well spotted, it's a '62 actually and isn't that roof great, very nice ribbing, would look perfection on a good street rod.
BTW just had those door handles re-chromed plus the front bumper, hubcaps and some other bits. I have to re-spray the bonnet, fit the front and rear glass with their new rubbers then it's off to the Kings Lynn auction, if it makes a couple of grand I'll be very happy.