5 speed shifter for 901 and 915 throw reduction 55 %

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

bugat5speed
DDK Seasoned Poster

5 speed shifter for 901 and 915 throw reduction 55 %

Post by bugat5speed »

Hi,
I´m new to this forum. I do not want to missuse this forum as a commercial platform, but want to give you some info on a new product and hope that you allow this.
I´m coming from the VW Bug´s scene and have been enganged with converting Porsche 5-speed gearboxes into these cars for 15 years now. Have a lot of casted parts with own moulds (nose cones, traverses, ...).
Brought a 5-speed shifter for Beetle into the market last year and was asked by a lot of people to do this for the old 911 and 914 also.
Made a mould for a shifthousing and am just bringing the shifter into the market. The shift ratios are only about 60 mm on top of the shifter (throw reduction about 55 %). The shifter is very precise to shift and the spring gate is very secure. The shifter can be changed to the original one 1:1. It comes with a leather boot and a shift knob similiar to the original one. If I can not install a picture here, then please look on my site www.bugat5speed.de under "Projekte/Schalthebel Porsche-Style".
Am interested in requests from agents in the UK.
Martin Bott Bug @ 5-Speed
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Thanks for the information Martin, looks like an interesting product. Could you give our members an idea of price or even a DDK member deal!

http://www.bugat5speed.de/cms/content/view/119/41/

1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
bugat5speed
DDK Seasoned Poster

price 5 speed shifter

Post by bugat5speed »

Hi,
thanks for installing the pictures here. The 2 ones at the bottom show the current status of the last preserial shifter. The serial parts will look a little better. The housing will probably be powder coated and the leather boot will fit better on the housing. The knob will lokk similiar to the original one (even the original one can be used).
Price will be 495 Euro, 475 without shift knob. I can offer the members of the Forum 5 % for the first 3 months (until end of June).

Thanks once more
speedysimon
DDK above all

http://www.bugat5speed.de/....

Post by speedysimon »

Martin, hi - you have a very interesting site...but my German is not so good, so what about an English version? - it could substantially help grow your business!
bugat5speed
DDK Seasoned Poster

Post by bugat5speed »

Hi,

the english version of my site is just being prepared. The software with which it was made is just being turned to a multilingual-version. So the main problem is that software. A lot of the texts are already translated into English (but not all yet).

Hope to have it switched by April.

If you´ve got questions, please contact me (info@bugat5speed.de)

Thanks Martin