RST parked in East Anglia

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
john ruston
DDK forever

Re: RST parked in East Anglia

Post by john ruston »

Just looked at my previous posts and have only reported what I have been told and mentioned Triggers broom . Obviously you have a problem?
Pity.
john ruston
DDK forever

Post by john ruston »

Have had no contact with Mike of Hampshire who obviously wanted to troll me for some unknown reason!
I am 75 and the Porsche is blocking the workshop and I am losing my sense of humour when rubbish is posted It is the less valuable than any of my owned 14 cars in workshop and I only posted thinking someone on here may want it despite its faults as it’s more affordable than some other cars.
Will not make same mistakes again and allow people to compromise my position .
If people don’t want to have it just jog on it’s not compulsory .
Disappointing to say the least!
Darren65
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Darren65 »

Don't take it to heart John, nothing wrong trying to help a friend and punting a car around. Especially when it's in your way!
As you say, the car is what it is and I'm sure any buyer at this level will be doing their homework, taking an informed view and making their own decision.
No doubt the car will find its level and a new home at some point.....just wished I had the time and money to go racing.
GLWS :thumbright:
210bhp

Post by 210bhp »

For me there’s a bit too much mystery around the car John. I’m not sure what it is you have clogging up your space. It’s described as an RST and yet its ‘just a basis for a rally car ‘. I know it’s not yours and you have no history or knowledge of the model but it sounds too cheap for an RST and too dear for a rally car. As you claim to know very little about it I felt it would not go very far if I asked you for more details hence I haven’t contributed to your thread before now.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
Mike

Post by Mike »

John, I've been away from the computer today. Last year you called this car an RS Touring, this year it's an RS rep, I would have thought when you are, to use Darren's phrase 'punting a car around' for somebody, wouldn't it be wise to be a little more certain about that that car is, you wouldn't want to a accused of mis-representing it after all.

Obviously most people would do their due diligence, but sadly not all, and somebody looking at the title of your thread might have got their fingers badly burnt. You say you've owned two RS's of your own, I would have thought it would be a pretty simple task to check the veracity of the car yourself.

I'm not getting into an argument with you John, but again I point to the tile of your thread and the fact that said thread is posted in the section called Market Place Discussion, so if you're posting here you have to accept that people may comment, wrongly or rightly as they see fit.
cheers, Mike.

previously..
1994 968 Club Sport Riviera Blue
1994 993 C2 Carrera Riviera Blue
1972 911S to Martini RSR Prototype Spec
1973 911E to RS Lightweight Specification
1981 924 Carrera GT ex Mexborough car
3.2 Carrera Sport x2
one-two
DDK rules my life!

Post by one-two »

John said he'd owned three RS's - easy to get the details wrong. He's owned a ton of interesting stuff and is a great supporter of historic motorsport - maybe a little more slack could be cut
Robert Barrie Limited
+44 7775 518337
info@robertbarrielimited.com
www.robertbarrielimited.com
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Yep, let's keep this friendly - hey!
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
john ruston
DDK forever

Post by john ruston »

I know very little about 911 RS although I’ve owned both lightweight and tourers to use on Tour Auto sand Tour Espania
All the people who approached me went though the information we had and more information seems to come to light on daily basis
I usually paint with wide brush and not fussed about detail with things I am not particularly involved with .
I was not selling the car only Pointing out it could be bought and not to much money.
Must remember not to try to help in future
It not that big deal! I can handle rejection and thanks for help by most on here..
Several people have been interested and they all know much more about the car than me.
It’s just an old car!
Enough !
Sam

Post by Sam »

I had a very pleasant chat with John about it yesterday. As he’s said, he’s doing a small favour for a friend and doesn’t want to get tied up in sleuth work or conjecture. Which is totally fair enough, I wouldn’t either. From what he’s told me and some Google-Fu I’m confident I know what car it is (and what it isn’t).

If it were the real deal I couldn’t afford it. As it is I might be able to...
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
964RS

Post by 964RS »

Well everyone is at least intrigued now to what the hell it is :lol:
----------------------------------------------------
Jason
https://www.SweepingHand.co.uk
Rolex & Omega Watch Purchases & Sales

tim69s
DDK above all

Post by tim69s »

stretch wrote:Is the Yellow car the one that Autofarm were trying to sell this past year.?
It's this.
I've also had a very nice conversation with John and think he's being treated a bit unfairly on this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
john ruston
DDK forever

Post by john ruston »

Can I thank everyone on here ,well a couple were questionable,on behalf of my American mate as the car is sold with all baggage and ‘interesting’ history.I have learnt about RS Porsche’s and it was pointed out to me that I had a couple of copies of the RS bible in my library.I forgotten they were there.
Sure it will turn up at one of your jamborees!