Zambezi Green 914/4 1973 for sale

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

Alberto
DDK Newbie

Zambezi Green 914/4 1973 for sale

Post by Alberto »

Stunning attractive 1973 PORSCHE 914/4 In Zambezi green with beautiful “as new” black leather and Porsche plain green interior.

Beautiful example of the 2 door, mid-engine, targa top roadster, manufactured and marketed by Volkswagen and Porsche. The 914/4 became Porsche’s top seller during its model run, outselling the Porsche 911.

Background
This 914 was originally supplied to the USA. The car was imported into Belgium during 2007. It was Then purchased by a time served Porsche technician, who went in the rebuild the engine in 2016. I purchased it from the chap in late 2016 and where I commenced and continued its restoration to its current condition.

Engine and Gearbox
Equipped with the 1700 cc air-cooled flat 4 engine, rebuilt with new heads barrels and pistons in 2016, now running dual Dellortos. (No chokes). Attached to a 5 speed side shift manual gearbox (dogstyle) with renewed linkage bushes and tangerine bulkhead bearing. New clutch 2016
Bursch exhaust, adds a great rasp to the engine note!
The car displayed 16000km on it at purchase now showing just over 21000kms in 2021.
I am unable to verify the mileage.

Bodywork
Bare metal paint in L64k Zambezi green in Q1 2017,
Porsche logo script masked and painted and lacquered over, not vinyl decal.

Interior
Internal floors and inner door stripped and coated with Raptor truck bed liner.
Existing seats were professionally stripped and treated to the later style green Porsche plaid with, leather bolsters. Door cards renewed and again covered with the green plaid, giving an attractive Contrast to the interior. New black velour style carpets with 50th anniversary matts.
2.0ltr Center console with Functioning correct clocks and trimmed again in the green plaid.
She is fitted with a period retro Bluetooth header unit with discreetly mounted amplifier (With remote) under centre cushion, and up graded Mid range speakers in the kick panels.

Recent work
Ongoing work in 2020 has seen the forward 75% of the underside, bare metalled, etched and treated with L64k epoxy mastic from rust buster.
Rear 25% still to complete.
Front steering and suspension all stripped and painted, new brake lines, master cylinder and stripped powder coated speed yellow.

Other items replaced.
Screen chrome trim
Door window rubbers and scrapers
All door rubbers
Sail and roll hoop vinyl
Front trunk carpets
Sail trim chrome
Front bumper light trims
rear porsche logo reflector button ‘pop’ rear truck lid.

The car has entered many competitions with multiple awards, culminating in winning the Lancaster Insurance Pride of ownership award at the 2020 NEC virtual classic car show.
She has feature many times In magazines and recently featured in Dec 16th 2020 edition front cover of Classic Car Weekly and the Dec 2020 Porsche Club GB ‘Porsche Post’
I’ve collated a large history file since I’ve owned it, including the copies of the purchase invoice from the Belgium dealer detailing the sale mileage.

Work I would still look to complete if I continued to own her.
Requires new heater cable, current one snapped.
Front heater blower inoperative.
Finish final rear 25% of the underside in the coloured epoxy.

Good looking, strong engine, amazing roadholding. An unique opportunity to require a beautiful 914. Ideal classic rally car?
I have significantly more invested in the car than I am offering it for.
I have hundreds of pictures of the resto, please request.
The car is in South Yorkshire, UK and I can be contacted on 07970 516119

See pics on link below

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1307066
Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong in the arm and thick in the middle leg
KS
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Zambezi Green 914/4 1973 for sale

Post by KS »

Need to add a price to an advert... £23,999 I believe? ;)
Keith Seume
Follow on Instagram @orange914
My YouTube channel