Silverstone Auctions

A place to discuss Porsche cars (and others) for sale in the general market
neilbardsley
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Silverstone Auctions

Post by neilbardsley »

Have this been discussed. To whom did the large Porsche collection belong?

https://youtu.be/NQUv7hRBhNw

Harry has zero love for 356s :)

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
IanM
DDK rules my life!

Re: Silverstone Auctions

Post by IanM »

Is/was the owner of the collection a rock star?

If so, there's a probably a 9,000-mile from new RHD '72E non-sunroof in beige colour (originally from Ireland) but I don't see it in the video unfortunately.

When is the auction?
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Think it was August 1st

Harry prefers to those 944 Cabriolets to a 356
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Lightweight_911

Post by Lightweight_911 »

The auction was last Friday & Saturday - a number (18 I think) of the cars (including a few Porsches) were being sold by Lewis Hamilton's dad ...

Andy

“Adding power makes you faster on the straights;
- subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere”
bjmullan
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by bjmullan »

Andy is right that several of the cars where being sold on behalf of Lewis's dad but the Porsche's were part of something Silverstone was calling "The Stuttgart Collection" and I for one have no idea who owned them or if this was just a marketing ploy by Silverstone to group these Porsche's together.

Looking at the results, most car were sold. Now whether that was because of a low reserve price or people deciding to put their money in metal rather than getting 0.00001% interest is debatable :?

Does seems to be some very strong prices; 1988 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa Sport - £70,875. 1984 Porsche 911 Carrera - £47,250. 1976 Porsche 911 2.7S Targa - £100,000 :shock: :shock: :shock: but it did only have 562 miles on the clock.
Brendan
1969 911T
2007 2.7 Boxster

Pray, hope and don't worry - Padre Pio
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Lightweight_911 wrote:.

The auction was last Friday & Saturday - a number (18 I think) of the cars (including a few Porsches) were being sold by Lewis Hamilton's dad ...

I thought Lewis grew up in the slumps of Stevenage? How did his Dad buy 18 cars :)

“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Nine One One
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Nine One One »

Neil,
do you ever consider the questions you ask?

His son is in F1, he was his manager for a number of years and probably paid a huge sum.

Lewis became F1 Champion in 2008 and then a few more after that! His net worth is £285 million

I think he re paid his father for getting where he did.

Apart from that he has other business interests. Anthony Hamilton's business interests now include the new GP Prep academy, which runs one-year old F1 cars in test sessions for up-and-coming drivers, managing several other racing drivers, including Paul di Resta and karting star Nyck de Vries, and work in football.

People do actually make something of their lives, and make money to buy things irrespective of their former backgrounds or upbringing.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

I was aware of those facts. I was failing to make a joke about Lewis' silly comments about the slums of Stevenage.

70sThrowback
DDK slapper chatter

Post by 70sThrowback »

neilbardsley wrote:I was aware of those facts. I was failing to make a joke about Lewis' silly comments about the slums of Stevenage.

don't worry Neil I got the irony.
Jonny

Current custodian of 1976 Porsche 912E, 1973 VW Camper
TimB
DDK slapper chatter

Post by TimB »

I thought I read somewhere that the bulk of the Porsche auction lots were from the collection of Jonathan Williams (son of Frank).
Tim
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

Are there slums in Stevenage?
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
veryporky
DDK forever

Post by veryporky »

Like most towns there are desirable and not so desirable areas. His dad was a software engineer prior to all this. Not generally min wage stuff. Contrast that with Kimi Raikonnen who's dad drove a road roller and mum who was a dinner lady or jo siffert who's first job was rag and bone man apparently
Keith