New member saying hello

Well don't be shy let us know about yourselves

Moderator: Miggs

snubbing
DDK Newbie

New member saying hello

Post by snubbing »

Hello All,
Finally introducing myself after lurking here for a couple of years. What a great forum especially the restoration threads.
Anyway I am based in the Netherlands although of Scottish origin. Couple of years ago I bought a 1974 MY 911 S which was sitting at a local garage. It had at some point lost its front seats, wouldn't start and was fitted with a set of PMO carbs and electromotive ignition. Someone had also fitted 17" wheels, turbo arches and whaletail.
I have slowly been getting the car into better shape as time and funds allow.
First task was to get it running, the reason for not starting was straightforward, someone had substituted the original fuel pump with a very small beetle cube type pump and hadn't hooked up the wires. A holley pump and malpassi filter/regulator was sourced and fitted. this allowed engine start. Cue 3 months of learning about carbs and getting it to a point where it would idle and rev. Took car to local restauration company who said porsche no probs we have an ex porsche mechanic to see if they could get the engine running better. Found out it was only firing on 5, red face, but after an hour it was back on 6 and appeared to run better, until the drive home where it went back to 5....The HT lead was continually falling off one cylinder so a new set with wider boots was sourced and fitted...Carbs were stripped to find that someone had fitted incorrect gasket blocking 1/2 of one throat...so complete strip and rebuild done at home. Headlights were abysmal so made up a set from a kit of LED and some beetle buckets.
Interior has been taken out and replaced with rs carpets, door cards, 1/2 roll bar and some bftorino seats. Whale tail was ditched for a duck. Car is now road legal with valid apk (mot)
To cut a long story short this car is a running project and used often. The end goal is a loose 3.0 rs look and weight reduction.
hot66

Re: New member saying hello

Post by hot66 »

welcome to ddk 8)
James

1973 911 2.4S
1993 964 C2
2010 987 Spyder
1973 MGB Roadster

Its not how fast you go, but how you go fast ;)
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: New member saying hello

Post by Bootsy »

Welcome aboard the good ship DDK
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk