Reference unrestored US '73T?

Ongoing and archived Porsche (and other marques) restoration threads from DDK members

Moderator: Bootsy

Flat 6
DDK slapper chatter

Reference unrestored US '73T?

Post by Flat 6 »

Many of you guys may already have seen this but this will serve as an excellent reference car as I move into rebuild of my Sepia Brown US '73 T CIS.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-porsche-911t-5/

I'm assuming this car is very original. If anyone spots anything that isn't please shout!

Al.
DDK#732

1981 SC Coupe, now in Dublin
1978 SC Targa, now in Aberdeen
1978 SC Coupe, now in London
1983 SC Coupe, now in London
1973 2.4T...under restoration...VERY slow restoration.
210bhp
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: Reference unrestored US '73T?

Post by 210bhp »

Hi Al

Great car. Looks to be a very original example and the sort of example I’d love to own. So much to admire so only a few nit picks that I can see.

Positives;
It has a very original looking interior including the carpet with the liver coloured edging in great condition
Door seals look original with the factory wind noise reduction pieces and upper bump stops
Lovely original petrol tank with the original colour (not grey as so often the restored ones are)

I haven’t read the blurb, just gone off the pictures so the description might correct some of these

Negatives;
I’ve not seen the under seal cover so much of the arch lips before. Maybe someone could confirm
There is only one key pictured. Should be two black and one red
It’s had a new chrome tail pipe (probably fitted along with the new exhaust and ss exchangers)
One picture shows the original undertray cover and another shows a replacement
Sunvisors don’t have a vanity mirror on the passenger side but some say this was an alternative. The visors look original
The clip is missing from the cardboard fuse box cover
Toolkit is incomplete

I love sepia but if that car was tangerine or viper I think you would find it would top $200000. The last such car which was a conda green E in a similar original condition made $230000 or so. There won’t be many more surface like this one I doubt.
EDIT. I’ve just noticed it’s an old ad.

Regards
Mike
996 Turbo (Sold)
73 2.4E (home after 25 years) and Sold again :-(
73T targa (signal yellow project)
1953 Vauxhall Velox
914/6
1963 356B
https://www.mybespokeroom.com/
Flat 6
DDK slapper chatter

Re: Reference unrestored US '73T?

Post by Flat 6 »

Thanks Mike,

On the subject of fuel tank colour, I'm thinking that this cream should also be the colour of stonechip used throughout my car.

Has anyone come across a source of stonechip in this colour. I though there was one from either 3M or Wurth but I can only find black, grey or white.

I have had good experience with tintable bedliner called Cobra recently so may go down that route. Just need to pick a colour...

Al.
DDK#732

1981 SC Coupe, now in Dublin
1978 SC Targa, now in Aberdeen
1978 SC Coupe, now in London
1983 SC Coupe, now in London
1973 2.4T...under restoration...VERY slow restoration.