Front Seat Belts '72/'73

For classic Porsche 911 content

Moderators: hot66, impmad2000, Barry, Viv_Surby, Derek, Mike Usiskin

Andre
DDK Fanatic

Front Seat Belts '72/'73

Post by Andre »

Hi,

I want to fit some standard style front belts to my car to replace the harnesses that are currently fitted.

Can anyone let me know what type of belt would have come on a '72 or indeed a '73 car that my car is trying to replicate. If the two differ I will have to choose and having been in touch with QF SBS/Reflex where the choice is mind boggling.

Any kind of advice and photo's if possible please. My car has Recaro seats and it looks like the buckle part of the belt can be mounted either on the seat or the body just behind the chair. (QF SBS have recommended the seat mounting).

I have looked through dozens of books and road tests and they dont really show much, they seem to concentrate on the performance and handing of the car - very odd that!

Thanks
'89 2.5 944 Turbo
'91 3.0 944 S2 (For Sale - only 61K and like new!)
'87 3.2 Carrera
'95 3.6 993 Turbo (Sold)
'72 2.7 RS Spec (Sold)
'01 3.2 Boxster S (Sold)
'87 3.2 Carrera (Sold)
'00 3.2 Boxster S (Sold)
'70 2.2 911T (Sold)
hmy7k
DDK above all

Post by hmy7k »

My 72 has inertia reel belts which were fitted as standard but I understand that they also came with the old non inertia type.

On a recaro the buckle mounts on the back of the seat support not on the floor.

I can take some pictures later if you pm me your email address.
72 2.4S Hellgelb
tanick
I luv DDK!

Post by tanick »

Quickfit BS are expensive. Read this thread http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewto ... ht=securon
tanick
I luv DDK!

Post by tanick »

Andre, I think some cars have the 30cm stalk type which attach to the floor on the centre tunnel between and slightly behind the seats. My car doesn't have this attachment but originally had the buckle on an adjustable piece of webbing that attached to the seat frame. The buckles drop down out of easy reach when not used and then the tilting frame traps them and damages the webbing. The strap type from Securon is a more elegant solution in my opinion.

I've not fitted mine yet though... :lol:

Have a search, I'm sure you'll find some pics of the different fittings.
tanick
I luv DDK!

Post by tanick »

Andre, I think some cars have the 30cm stalk type which attach to the floor on the centre tunnel between and slightly behind the seats. My car doesn't have this attachment but originally had the buckle on an adjustable piece of webbing that attached to the seat frame. The buckles drop down out of easy reach when not used and then the tilting frame traps them and damages the webbing. The strap type from Securon is a more elegant solution in my opinion.

I've not fitted mine yet though... :lol:

Have a search, I'm sure you'll find some pics of the different fittings.
Andre
DDK Fanatic

Post by Andre »

Ah, that all makes sense now. Thanks again.

Andre
Cliff
DDK Newbie

Front Seat Belts '72/'73

Post by Cliff »

Andre,

I have a '72 911T fitted with standard seats and Securon inertia reel belts. I had to replace one last week for the MOT and purchased a new one from Rimmer Bros Tel 01522 568000 for £44.18 inc VAt. The Securon P/N is 500/15 and the Rimmer Bros P/N is XKC2528. They come with either a short lug or a 30cm stalk, you just have to state which one you want. Carriage would be extra.

Cliff
'72 911TE
'62 Riley 1.5