Williams Crawford Porsche and MCE porsche

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

takeflight
DDK above all

Re: Williams Crawford Porsche and MCE porsche

Post by takeflight »

Sam wrote:But having unwinnable arguments on social media is how I relax after a full day of being lazy at work.
Don’t know, you would have ask the wife, what’s mine is hers and what’s hers is hers.

But to put it in prospective, you have Mike MCE,engineering degree, worked in engineering design for top end manufacturers and consultant to Aston Martin (correct me if it was someone else) Spends not an inconsiderable amount of time walking me through stuff on the phone and in person and I get a bill for a few hundred quid. Take out the vat, parts, all the bills with running a workshop and business and I think you will agree there’s not a lot of meat left.

On the other hand you have a salesman who may have spent a few years studying his subject, I don’t know, no doubt as to work hard putting up with dreamers, tyre kickers, people wonting test drives with no intention of purchasing. Could I do the job. No
But if you take the job on, then do it.

But that’s old school I suppose, I admit I am a dinosaur. Self important, but you Know what, I don’t care.
Last edited by takeflight on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BILLY BEAN
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by BILLY BEAN »

inaglasshouse wrote:Lightweight. I’m so relaxed I often forget to go to work.
Work??? So 2004.
Rust Never Sleeps
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

takeflight wrote:
But that’s old school I suppose, I admit I am a dinosaur. Self important, but you Know what, I don’t care.
But you clearly do care. You care so much you came on here to make a fuss.

Let go of your prejudices. They will bring you nothing but anger.

The past is the past. Leave it there. It no longer exists. Maybe it was better, but it’s not coming back. The only thing that exists now is now. You must learn to embrace the now or you will never find your peace.

Start by getting a tiktok account. It’s megalolz.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

Sam
You need to get out more
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

takeflight this type of rubbish happens to me everyday. I work buying and selling interests with brokers. Sometimes the bigger places are first in the queue. For you it just seems to be somewhat random that you weren't considered but then again maybe not. You are right to be frustrated however you lost me where you tied it to being young and social media.

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Gosh that got fun when I looked away!
Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

I've read the whole thread. I have sniggered, laughed, gasped and rolled my eyes. BUT why don't any of you read through what you post before hitting 'SUBMIT'? Spelling, auto corrected incorrect words, p155 poor grammar.....Old and young culprits.....Write well and carefully and maybe one's enquiries/arguments would be taken more seriously......

Modern communication enables knee jerk reaction, with all the offending this can cause....

Anyway, as you were chaps, it's very entertaining! W
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
BD55
Married to the DDK

Post by BD55 »

I do understand where Roy is coming from, it happens to all of us at some time, i just put it down to experience and go elsewhere...In defense of Williams Crawford, i had a 356 engine rebuilt there in the last couple of years, just when they were moving workshops. Both service and communication were excellent. Graham Kidd did a first class job on my engine rebuild.
64 356C
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Winston Teague wrote: Modern communication enables knee jerk reaction, with all the offending this can cause....
I'm all for pedantry and correctness, but I don't think any poor spelling or grammar has caused offense on this thread!
All over a salesman not phoning back within the agreed time 8)
Sam

Post by Sam »

And if you’re referring to me, whilst the more conventional spelling ends in an S, megalolz is broadly considered acceptable now due to use.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Probably me Sam. English is not my strong point. Spent most of schools days wondering why I was in the bottom set for English and top for Maths. Post getting a 1st for Computing (no essays) did a test for a job. Top 5 percentile maths and logic. Bottom 20 English!

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
inaglasshouse

Post by inaglasshouse »

Sam wrote:
inaglasshouse wrote:Lightweight. I’m so relaxed I often forget to go to work.
Interesting theory.
What do you do about cups of tea? Do the people at work bring them as far as your house?
Bringing me tea is the only useful thing my children do. Freeloading wasters.
BILLY BEAN

Post by BILLY BEAN »

Sam wrote:And if you’re referring to me, whilst the more conventional spelling ends in an S, megalolz is broadly considered acceptable now due to use.
Being old and probably entitled ( although I will let others judge) I looked up the meaning of "megalolz" .
Googling led me to "The Urban Dictionary" which gave the following definition:
"A term used to describe pedophilia (sic) by pedophiles." (sic)

No doubt The Urban Dictionary is a well researched and august body. I'll leave it there.
Rust Never Sleeps
kitesurfer2
DDK forever

Post by kitesurfer2 »

I don't know if anyone has checked the Pelican forum recently?
It has got worse and worse. Every post seems to descend to a personal slanging match- Maybe it is a reflection of modern polarized society?
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

If it starts to descend on here I'll just ban the instigators
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk