Issues with early seat rails?

Porsche 356 Virtual home

Moderators: 58A - 71E, Helen

arprea
DDK Fanatic

Issues with early seat rails?

Post by arprea »

Hello,

I’m buttoning up the looong restoration of my prea. It has been compelete nut and bolt resto and there are just few last things to finish. One of those is to install seats on the new seat rails. I have fat back seats with new upholstery and new upper and lower repro seat rails. However the seats are sliding quite poorly and that is already after significant tweaking. Have anyone else experience issues with them? Any tricks or tips?

Br,
Aki
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Re: Issues with early seat rails?

Post by Hugo 356 »

Hi Aki,

I've had this problem with the fat back seats in my T1. Worse on the driver side so I wonder if the wooden frame has lost some tautness.

Best result I've had is to slightly loosen the bolts which hold the lower seat rails to the floor, slide in the seat fully, then tighten up the lower bolts. Still not perfect on the driver side so interested if others have had the same problem.

KTF
Hugo
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
arprea
DDK Fanatic

Re: Issues with early seat rails?

Post by arprea »

Hi Hugo and thanks for the comment. I too have more issues with the driver's seat. My seats are fully rebuild but the wooden frames are original. I need to investigate it a bit more.

Br,
Aki