New Bentayga

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Re: New Bentayga

Post by gridgway »

I think I prefer the rear quarter view to the front, but I quite like it - good job!
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Hugo 356 wrote:Fiendishly raiding the VW Group parts bin and using 356 rear lights, but switching left to right so no one would notice eh?

ImageImage Helps keeps the development costs down
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

Tp81 wrote:Big improvement in terms of looks. I drove the old one on a test drive, I hated the look but was amazed by the drive, better than the old Bently Continental GT.
That’s the goal with this one, keep the drive and try to fix the aspects that put some people off. Apart from style, the infotainment is a huge leap forward, bang up to date latest and greatest system and there’s more room in the back.

It’s really nice to finally see it properly, I’ve spent the last years driving around with it covered in black matting inside and out!

It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, I get that, but it meets its brief perfectly and tends to get used as the daily drive by most customers.
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Nice update. When seen parked up next to the hideous Cullinan lean-to shed you realise just how well proportioned it actually is.
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
sladey

Post by sladey »

Oh I dunno - the new Rolls isn't that bad

The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
arminius
DDK Fanatic

Post by arminius »

Looks good!
Lot more sold than I imagined. Well done! How does the 20k units break down globally?
7k USA
3k China
3k Middle East
7k rest of world?
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

I'd plump for the majority in China?
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

arminius wrote:Looks good!
Lot more sold than I imagined. Well done! How does the 20k units break down globally?
7k USA
3k China
3k Middle East
7k rest of world?
Not sure about the exact Bentayga numbers, but generally US is biggest, closely followed by Europe (less UK), then China, UK and everyone else.
Sam

Post by Sam »

You’ve definitely sold at least 2 in the UK. There’s one that delivers children to a private school near me every day and the bloke from Pimlico Plumbers has one.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Seen three spanky newbies here in Kuwait. One treated to a matt purple wrap and a Supreme sunstrip already by it's barely-pubed owner. Continouous curfews, commercial lockdown and a flat local economy certainly hasn't curbed tasteless conspicuous spending for some.
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
GonzoBard
DDK addict

Post by GonzoBard »

I’m surprised at 20k sold, that seems like a big number. I would assume that rates as a success for Bentley?
Gary71

Post by Gary71 »

GonzoBard wrote:I’m surprised at 20k sold, that seems like a big number. I would assume that rates as a success for Bentley?
Absolutely. We wouldn't be here without it! 8)
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Neighbour must work for your competition AM. He brought home their SUV and I thought it sounded nice. Although still a racing sofa.

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP
Chris_ABZ
DDK Newbie

Post by Chris_ABZ »

I used to hate SUVs, ... I mean what is the point? Need room, buy an estate. However the wife is on her second Macan, now a Macan TT. It is fun, but generally I would rather drive my S4 Avant on a daily basis. My wife is small, short and I understand why she likes it ...

The new Bent is an improvement, no doubt. As a FU statement; I want a GWagen!
neilbardsley

Post by neilbardsley »

Gary interesting TV program on Channel 4 about Bentley. Are you making an appearance

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk
“A REMINDER. I would be grateful if those members who have borrowed bits from me in emergencies (e.g starter motor, oil cooler, etc) would return them and/or contact me”. – Chris Turner RIP