Ferrari 348...

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

stuarts
DDK above all

Re: Ferrari 348...

Post by stuarts »

Sam,

pm me anytime for my number if you want to chat about 348's, you're more than welcome to come for a spin in mine
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1849836 ... &ref=notif

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1231681
Sam
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by Sam »

PM on way.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Out of curiosity can I ask what the gear change is like? On the video linked to above it looked quite notchy and hard to change.
Graham
stuarts
DDK above all

Post by stuarts »

Yep, only when cold.
Classic Ferrari (nee Italian), 1st to 3rd until warm, then they're a pleasure, very mechanical and a lovely metallic snick across the gated lever.
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Thanks, not all that different to my GT3 then!
stuarts
DDK above all

Post by stuarts »

Haha, yes!

And my 997 with a short shift kit
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Whilst we are on the F topic, anyone got views of Foskers? Website looks good, family thing looks good, spoke to Jeff, was very nice to talk to. Are they good guys?
Cheers
Graham
sng45
DDK rules my life!

Post by sng45 »

gridgway wrote:Whilst we are on the F topic, anyone got views of Foskers? Website looks good, family thing looks good, spoke to Jeff, was very nice to talk to. Are they good guys?
Cheers
Graham
I spoke with them at the NEC classic car show some years ago as I had a Black Ferrari 328GTS which I wanted to sell. They had a sales manager who had been there for many years ( I've managed to forget his name, I think he's left now ) who suggested they would do a competitive deal on a "Sale or Return" basis.My car was up at about £85,000 for a number of months with no takers. As I was keen to buy something else ( not from them ) the sales manager suggested they would buy my car for £65,000 which I agreed to. Quite amazingly, three days later my car was marked as sold on their website, either a total coincidence or they had someone lined up to buy when they bought it from me and never told me about it before they offered to buy from me. My bet is on the latter.

When I called them to discuss this, sales manager chap ( whatever his name was ) said that they'd had to spend "about £20,000 on a respray for it to sell" , which I was extremely surprised by as the car presented very well and the paint had never been discussed previously.

A month later I received a penalty notice as the car had been driven over the bridge at Dartford and not paid the toll ( on line within 24 hours ) I actually received a photograph of the 328 being driven through the toll area, to ensure the penalty was covered and preserve my credit rating I paid the fine and wrote to them to claim it back, and within my letter stated that the car didn't look like it had had a respray, they forwarded the money for the fine but never commented on my respray comment.

"My car " was readvertised on their site about six months later ( presumably on sale or return for the next owner ) in a very detailed and comprehensive advert, amazingly there was absolutely no mention that the car had been resprayed. I would imagine that "expenditure of £20,000" would be worth a few lines.

Would I ever deal with them again ? Not in a million years !

Apologies for the long reply, but you did ask !
jjeffries
DDK slapper chatter

Post by jjeffries »

OMG, that is so scummy. A pox on such people. John
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

Thanks, I did ask! And sorry to derail the thread.
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

So Sam, did you buy the 348?

I've actually been enjoying watching Number27's videos on his cheap 308 purchase - the Influenzo. I think he's an acquired taste (or I'm just a grumpy old git) but it's been fun to watch. Especially him taking so long to balance the carbs he boiled it over!

Probably put me off my idle 308 purchase thoughts a bit though!

Graham
yoda
I need to get out more!

Post by yoda »

I actually think he is one of the better YouTubers, most I can't stand but his videos are quite good.

Agree with you though, puts me off a purchase, especially a cheapie from an auction!
The force is strong in this one ......
Sam

Post by Sam »

If I’m successful in my fence erecting today and tomorrow I’m going to reward myself with a phone call to Stuarts and hopefully a spin out. It’s not left my mind as being the car I think I want.
964 C2 Targa. 205 1.6 GTi. Testarossa. Fisher Fury Fireblade. Motorhome. Motorbikes. Scooters. Pushbikes. Threadbare Saucony Peregrines. Dog. Human relations and friends. 97.5%-built house.
gridgway

Post by gridgway »

yoda wrote:I actually think he is one of the better YouTubers, most I can't stand but his videos are quite good.
Agree with you though, puts me off a purchase, especially a cheapie from an auction!
Yes I was a bit harsh on his 348 vid earlier in the thread! But even if he is a bit irritating, I'm pretty impressed with his get in there and take it apart attitude and then he puts it back together.
Sam wrote:If I’m successful in my fence erecting today and tomorrow I’m going to reward myself with a phone call to Stuarts and hopefully a spin out. It’s not left my mind as being the car I think I want.
It actually does look nice and got quite a nice amount of oomph. I'm all over the shop with thoughts of changing my cars around. Need to own an Elan, so was settling on that, but then started looking at the 308, being the (possibly affordable) successor to the 246 (which I'll never afford). Very much enjoyed my call with Geoff Fosker, then put off by the tale above! Nick Cartwright is a way away from me.

And then all of that means changing out the GT3 as I have reached the max toy limit (apparently). Perhaps if I went out and fixed the fence, that might help clarity of thought plus brownie points!

Graham
Sam

Post by Sam »

I can recommend fence fixing as a tonic. I only knacked up once and that was by 7mm on a 24m run which is very good for me.