Metalwork Genius Help Needed - unusual

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

roadiesean
DDK forever

Metalwork Genius Help Needed - unusual

Post by roadiesean »

I need help, my brand new incredibly expensive hob/extractor has been damaged by my builders, it’ll be a he says you say though and I just need it fixed. Is there anyone who can recommend someone in Bristol to fix this for me. I am also shielding my wife just to make it harder.

I am desperate and need this fixed by someone who knows what they are doing.

Anyone ??

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Qkg3Ka5U91Xp1nru7
Timo
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Re: Metalwork Genius Help Needed - unusual

Post by Timo »

Is it possible to get a replacement piece of sheet metal from the manufacturer? Probably going to be the best end result if it can be easily swapped over?
Burgundy 69 912
Audi A4 1.8T sport avant
VW T25 magnum multivan
Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

Adrian Breeze in Bridgewater. Makes knobbly Lister panels amongst other stuff, a superb metalworkers and very nice chap. Good luck, W

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

Is that stainless steel? If so this is not straightforward to work with. If replacement panel not an option you might consider Chris Nicholson. Not Bristol but UK based and jets round the world doing DeLorean (unpainted stainless steel) bodywork. I imagine he can give advice if nothing else. Good luck
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.
roadiesean
DDK forever

Post by roadiesean »

Thanks guys, thanks so much. I’d never even thought it might be replaceable, I’ll speak with the manufacturer and see what we can come up with.
Thanks again everyone.
Hugo 356
I luv DDK!

Post by Hugo 356 »

Chris's work is something to behold. In his favour he doesn't have to deal with rust. Against that stainless is a pig to work with and he has to match his finish without filler and without paint ...
maverick
noun
1. an unorthodox or independent-minded person.
2. an unbranded calf or yearling.
Origin mid 19th century: from the name of Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), a Texas rancher who did not brand his cattle.