Ear ere

Chat away, Classic Porsche related or otherwise

Moderators: hot66, Miggs, 58A - 71E, impmad2000, drummerboytom, Barry, Helen, Viv_Surby, Derek, KS, abm914, Mike Usiskin

Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Re: Ear ere

Post by Bootsy »

Not even a bit of Dolly?
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
Ignatzcatz
I luv DDK!

Post by Ignatzcatz »

I forgot to add, and this is a bit left field, but whilst attending the Capel car show last year and having a troll around the various stalls, (it's a really nice country style fair/car show, beer tent, dog show - bring the handbrake) I spotted a pile of CD's which brought back some memories. The memory was helping my Dad wash his mkII Jag whilst listening to Round the Horne. He used to laugh his head off at all the double entendre and the escapades of Julien and Sandy, of course I didn't have a clue what he was yukking about as it was all way over my head. But as the years have passed I have always had a soft spot for radio comedy in general and Round the Horne in particular so seeing these CD's for sale I had to delve in. Now never being guilty of doing things by halves I had to buy the lot, that was four volumes of the show, each volume containing 9 CD's with two shows on each CD, the whole series in fact. And they are a scream as now you know what they are on about.
"Ooo isn't ee bold!"
Porsche 356B T6 (modified), Porsche Macan Turbo , Porsche SSE, Dax 289 Cobra, Buell S2 Thunderbolt, Honda ST 70/125, Harley Davidson custom evo softail
gridgway
Nurse, I think I need some assistance

Post by gridgway »

In the garage, a big fav is reggae... Gregory Isaacs or some Sly and Robbie. Do modern reggae too. Always catch Rodders with his new Sunday afternoon show on BBC Sounds.
But then...

Like lots of others from Classical to Nirvana with Jazz, Fusion, Folk, prog rock, even country and western.

Also too many ways to get music from radio, youtube, streaming services, my own collection digitised, records on the record player...

Graham
Saxon46
DDK addict

Post by Saxon46 »

If i'm in the garage 6 music, in the house youtube on the box...simples
mark-- english lad in wales...where men are men and sheep are scared
84 carrera
cubist
The Fenland Feltcher

Post by cubist »

Ignatzcatz wrote:I forgot to add, and this is a bit left field, but whilst attending the Capel car show last year and having a troll around the various stalls, (it's a really nice country style fair/car show, beer tent, dog show - bring the handbrake) I spotted a pile of CD's which brought back some memories. The memory was helping my Dad wash his mkII Jag whilst listening to Round the Horne. He used to laugh his head off at all the double entendre and the escapades of Julien and Sandy, of course I didn't have a clue what he was yukking about as it was all way over my head. But as the years have passed I have always had a soft spot for radio comedy in general and Round the Horne in particular so seeing these CD's for sale I had to delve in. Now never being guilty of doing things by halves I had to buy the lot, that was four volumes of the show, each volume containing 9 CD's with two shows on each CD, the whole series in fact. And they are a scream as now you know what they are on about.
"Ooo isn't ee bold!"
Crazy to think that Round the Horne was regularly pulling in 20M listeners at its peak. If you're interested, 'The Bona Book of Julian and Sandy' has all the scripts littered with Polari at its finest. My Dad, straight as a butch Royal Navy MP (helicopters) could be, also had me listening to the radio - then reel-to-reel tapes - as we washed the Hampshire mud from his Armstrong Siddley (ooh mrs!), Zephyr Farnham and an exhausted but well-loved Buick Wildcat. Great memories. I got my lads hooked early on to Gruntfuttock, Dame Celia Molestrangler and Sid Rumpo in amongst an eclectic mess of proto-punk, Joy Division, Dave Brubeck, pyschobilly, Northern, rare groove etc but through the clarity of iPod. Lucky buggers!

Now it's continuous Radio 6, punctuated by Craig Charles/Trevor Nelson and a bit of Lisa Tarbuck on 2 when Lauren gets a bit too dull and worthy... come back Radcliffe and Maconie.
C U B I S T - 1 1 1 5

'83 Triumph Acclaim - 3sp Auto (cat D)
Singer 3232 - Titanium bobbin, Autothread
'67 Gresham Flyer - Puncture, rear
Sherbet Lemons - 4oz, loose
Motorola - PG 2000, locked
Bootsy
Site admin and the Boss

Post by Bootsy »

Yes we all miss Radcliffe and Maconie in the office - isn’t the same without TeaTimeTheme time
1972 911T | 1994 993 Carrera | 1999 986 Boxster | 1990 T25 Camper

Vintage Heuer, Omega, Zenith and other vintage watches - http://www.heuerheritage.co.uk
anglophone1
Me and DDK sitting in a tree! KISSING

Post by anglophone1 »

+1 for Rond the Horne and of course - The Goon Show!
Clive
West Cork, Ireland

RGruppe #814
1978 SC/1984 3.2 Outlaw -Jaffa 911
1973 914 - on Webers - historic rally car- Tango 914
1977 924 2.0 on Webers street legal race car - Martini 924
Flachbau -in progress
sladey

Post by sladey »

+1 again for round the Horne. Also love hancocks half hour

A lot of the older comedy shows are dated and hasn’t fared well but those shows are timeless.

I listens to radmacs weekend show on bbc sounds. Also love Liza tarbuck
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah
John_F
DDK above all

Post by John_F »

Another +1 for Round the Horn & its predecessor, Beyond our Ken. Another good one was Does the Team Think with Ted Ray (very quick wit), Jimmy Edwards, Bernard Braden. Not to mention H-H-Hancock's Half Hour. Jack Jackson's show on a Saturday afternoon was always interspersed with clips from radio comedy shows & could be very funny.
Winston Teague
Put a fork in me, I'm done!

Post by Winston Teague »

In workshop listening to RadMac now, they haven't gone away, just moved to weekend breakfast. I listen to back numbers of Gid Coe and Marc Riley on BBCSounds once RadMac is done at the weekends.....
Winston
'61 356 BT5 & a lot of broken chain driven stuff
danny
DDK forever

Post by danny »

6 Music for me during the day.
Really enjoy Mary Anne Hobbs show
'67 912
rhd racer
DDK 1st, 2nd and 3rd for me!

Post by rhd racer »

Winston Teague wrote:In workshop listening to RadMac now, they haven't gone away, just moved to weekend breakfast. I listen to back numbers of Gid Coe and Marc Riley on BBCSounds once RadMac is done at the weekends.....
Crisps on the radio is genius
93 964 C2
99 Boxster 2.5 > 2.7 hill climber

71 914/6 3.0 - gone

'You see Paul, hill climbing is like making love to a beautiful woman. You get your motor running, check your fluids, hang on tight and WHOA..30 seconds later it's all over!' Swiss Tony
sladey

Post by sladey »

rhd racer wrote:
Winston Teague wrote:In workshop listening to RadMac now, they haven't gone away, just moved to weekend breakfast. I listen to back numbers of Gid Coe and Marc Riley on BBCSounds once RadMac is done at the weekends.....
Crisps on the radio is genius
Yep - and Sunday glove songs
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young but I'm just backdated yeah