1972 911 Targa LHD 2.4E

Porsche Cars classifieds (and DDK'ers other cars that need to go in the pursuit of Porsche Paradise!)

Moderators: Helen, Bootsy

amallagh
I need to get out more!

1972 911 Targa LHD 2.4E

Post by amallagh »

It was originally a 1972 Targa LHD 2.4E sportomatic.
It was imported to the UK in early '81 from Europe and UK registered with an '81 registration, but the reg document clearly shows the year of manufacture as 1972 and all the chassis/engine numbers match. A period registration could easily be applied for. So it is a '72 matching numbers car. It was converted to impact bumper and 2.7 k-jet with manual 915 gearbox by the chap you imported it (hence his likely desire at the time for the '81 reg to match ! How times have changed !!!). Sits on its original 6" Fuchs wheels.
The complete original 2.4 MFI engine with MFI throttles and pump will come with the car along with the original long nose bonnet and bumpers as I assume that is what any buyer would want to put it back to original spec. The car was sold on part completed after only a few months in 1981 to someone who then owned it for the next 38 years but was never completed.
The car would not come with the 2.7 K-jet engine (unless wanted ?) and the buyer can choose the original sportomatic gearbox or the manual 915 as currently fitted as I appreciate not everyone wants a Sporto. The car is 95% complete but will need complete restoration. Car was originally yellow but now red.
The 40k km recorded mileage is apparently correct and not unexpected given it hasn't been on the road since 1981 and was only on the road for 8/9 years.
If you are interested then send me a PM and I can put you in touch with the seller who is a friend of mine. Price is £14k which sounds like a bargain to me.

'72 914/6GT (first love!)
'66 SWB 911 (now sold but still prostituting itself as a rally car rental for HERO)
'73 911 2.7RS
'73 911 2.8RSR (some time in the near future)
'67 911R 2.0 twin plug (sometime, maybe, never?)
996TT (sold)
997TT (sold)