Pondering a Speedster Build.......

Replica owners or enthusiasts are very welcome

Moderator: Bootsy

Cam Arnott
DDK addict

Pondering a Speedster Build.......

Post by Cam Arnott »

Greetings Chaps

Rather quiet in the replica section...... :( I'm thinking about a Speedster build (likely through Speedster Clinic).

I've now read through many of the build threads here. What a pity most of the photos are no longer properly visible thanks to Photobucket..... :(

Before I make contact with Gary I wanted to ask the brains trust here - for those of you that went with a stock beetle pan rather than the Speedster Clinic chassis, have you had any issues with flexing or movement in the stock pan affecting door gaps etc?

Does the SC sub chassis have a shoulder height seat belt mount?

Also does Gary have a build manual available?

Cheers

Cam
Cam Arnott
'74RS Replica
1970 911E UK Delivery SOLD
'71 911 S/T 2.3 Twin Plug SOLD
Robneal
DDK above all

Re: Pondering a Speedster Build.......

Post by Robneal »

Hi,
The bolt on chassis and the deluxe chassis now have upper seatbelt mounts that will be IVA compliant. In terms of strength, then the chassis are similar as when you add the sub chassis to rhe floor then ot really strengthens it up. In my opinion then the deluxe chassis makes for easier fitting of after,market seats as it has provision for captive nuts to be welded into the seat plate. Go and see Gary and he will tell you all the options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Robneal
DDK above all

Post by Robneal »

No build manual, but there are a lot of us on here that have the experience,to help out so ask away...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Cam Arnott
DDK addict

Post by Cam Arnott »

Thanks for your replies Robneal, I'm in Australia so dropping in is a little bit difficult until I get over for the Goodwood Revival next year ;-)

Hoping to get things underway well before then though.

Cheers
Cam Arnott
'74RS Replica
1970 911E UK Delivery SOLD
'71 911 S/T 2.3 Twin Plug SOLD
Black Betty
DDK slapper chatter

Post by Black Betty »

If you have any questions, just ask! :wink:

Here in the Netherlands you cannot get a replica approved if it isn't on a (shortened) VW pan, so I couldn't tell you the difference between a Beetle pan and a Sppedster Clinic chassis.
If you would like to have any other build information I probably can point you in the right direction :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's better to burn out, than to fade away